GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One more thing..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/10/05 at 17:51
Apple have another announcement, this time they're replacing the iPod with a thinner one that can play videos, in 30 and 60GB versions.

They've also revamped iTunes (a new version in 5 weeks totally goes against software writing convention), incorporating music videos (which, may I add, were previously free for the full version to watch) to buy for 1.89. Ahaha.

Pretty crap on its own, but then gimp Jobs announced you'll be able to get ad-free episodes of abc prime timers, i.e. Desperate Hosewives and Lost. Current, and past eps. THose for £1.89 too.

This almost got me excited, 'til I realised it was US only. So $ then :(

They've revamped the iMac too with new apps, integrated webcam, thinner design and a Media Center-style Lite. And the student discount means I can get it for under £800, which is *really* tempting.

One more thing... [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4337692.stm[/URL] , click the "See the new ipod" link, and near the end you'll see the bald supremo Phil Harrison!!! I'm sure you'll all take the pee after you've heard what he has to say.
Thu 13/10/05 at 17:51
Apple have another announcement, this time they're replacing the iPod with a thinner one that can play videos, in 30 and 60GB versions.

They've also revamped iTunes (a new version in 5 weeks totally goes against software writing convention), incorporating music videos (which, may I add, were previously free for the full version to watch) to buy for 1.89. Ahaha.

Pretty crap on its own, but then gimp Jobs announced you'll be able to get ad-free episodes of abc prime timers, i.e. Desperate Hosewives and Lost. Current, and past eps. THose for £1.89 too.

This almost got me excited, 'til I realised it was US only. So $ then :(

They've revamped the iMac too with new apps, integrated webcam, thinner design and a Media Center-style Lite. And the student discount means I can get it for under £800, which is *really* tempting.

One more thing... [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4337692.stm[/URL] , click the "See the new ipod" link, and near the end you'll see the bald supremo Phil Harrison!!! I'm sure you'll all take the pee after you've heard what he has to say.
Thu 13/10/05 at 21:00
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Yeah, paying for music videos does seem a bit stupid, the only advantage being that the files are stored locally rather than having to download/stream them each time you want to watch.

The revamped iMac is very tempting indeed and as I'll be coming into a couple of grand soon I may well sell my G4 and go for a nice 20" G5 ... lovely.

I won't bother with the video iPod - not a bad idea but I don't see the point of watching stuff on a 2.5" screen. Besides, my 20GB iPod is still serving me very well and seems to be surviving two charges per week.

I had hoped they'd release a video capable AirPort Express ... :^(
Thu 13/10/05 at 23:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The new i-mac looks very nice. Saw it on the gadget show the other day and it looked impressive, not cheap though. :-(

Don't really see the point in the new ipod, can't see many interested in watching stuff on such a small screen but no doubt it will still sell well.
Fri 14/10/05 at 10:36
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
AliBoy wrote:
> Don't really see the point in the new ipod, can't see many interested
> in watching stuff on such a small screen but no doubt it will still
> sell well.

I think Apple are stretching the iPod too far by releasing nothing really new to the line. Nice addition having them available in Black, but I think it's about time thay did something a bit more interesting with it. The world is waiting for the real iPod Phone, if they pulled their fingers out, this would be the killer toy.
Fri 14/10/05 at 10:39
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
lcarus wrote:
>One more thing...
> [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4337692.stm[/URL] , click
> the "See the new ipod" link, and near the end you'll see the
> bald supremo Phil Harrison!!! I'm sure you'll all take the pee after
> you've heard what he has to say.

Rofl, did some forget to do their research properly? The Nano shipped 1 million units in just 17 days, outselling the PSP by nearly 3:1. Gotta love the BBC
Fri 14/10/05 at 14:27
Regular
"..."
So Apple finally got around to making the iPod play videos? A whole 2 years after Archos perfect the art....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.