GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation in Prison"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 13:11
Regular
I was reading a while back that, in most prisons around the UK the in-mates are given free playstations to play during the day. Now correct me if I am wrong but surely prison should make these people realise that they have done a terrible thing and shouldn't be "rewarded" in prison with the likes of playstations and tv's. What makes it worse is that there are people homeless and they decide to break the law just so they can be sent to prison as it seems to be a better standard of living.

Another thing.
Game developers make games based on films like robocop, star wars. But what would be the best film to make a game off ? Let me know your ideas.
Fri 08/06/01 at 14:28
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> But honestly, what is freedom to some people?

Sleeping under a
> railway bridge, and begging for change?

If they go to prison
> they get 3 decent meals a day, they can get a free education, and
> they'll get a rehabilitation grant upon their release.

Prisoners
> have got it too good.

I agree, and the free playstations and tv's is just the icing on the cake.
Fri 08/06/01 at 14:22
Regular
"not dead"
But honestly, what is freedom to some people?

Sleeping under a railway bridge, and begging for change?

If they go to prison they get 3 decent meals a day, they can get a free education, and they'll get a rehabilitation grant upon their release.

Prisoners have got it too good.
Fri 08/06/01 at 14:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
For some reason, the principal punishment in prison is supposed to be the loss of freedom, rather than particularly squalid living conditions.

Though as it turns out, the main punishment appears to be the prospect of cohabiting with vast numbers of males who are, uh , 'heterosexually challenged'.
Fri 08/06/01 at 13:18
Regular
"Back For Good"
wow playstations in prison,that could start a riot,"you kill me in quake 3 and now bubbu kill you!!"oh oh get the idea.
Fri 08/06/01 at 13:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Erotic Witch Project
Fri 08/06/01 at 13:11
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I was reading a while back that, in most prisons around the UK the in-mates are given free playstations to play during the day. Now correct me if I am wrong but surely prison should make these people realise that they have done a terrible thing and shouldn't be "rewarded" in prison with the likes of playstations and tv's. What makes it worse is that there are people homeless and they decide to break the law just so they can be sent to prison as it seems to be a better standard of living.

Another thing.
Game developers make games based on films like robocop, star wars. But what would be the best film to make a game off ? Let me know your ideas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.