GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DOA2 (DC) vs DOA2 (PS2) - the facts"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/06/00 at 16:59
Regular
There have been many debates abou the differences of Dead Or alive 2 on the DC and the sasme game for the PS2......
Here are the facts.....

Improved?

DC

Twice the resloution of the PS2 version
Larger and more vibrant colour pallette

PS2

Reflections on marble floors
Twice fps in cut SCENES ONLY

So, which one actually plays better???

Well, I think the DC version does and that is being totally unbiased, I have played both and formed my opinion...
The PS2 version seems to be a little more jerky than the DC version leading you the mess up oftenly but they ddid do the conversion in 2 months, maybe the UK version will be improved.... Who knows...

Also, the DOA2 arcade machine was built on Segas Naoimi and they have a contract so the PS2 version might not even come out over here...
Other peoples opinions??

Paul Davies from CVG agrees with me on this one...
Sun 02/07/00 at 16:05
IT is going to be released after Christmas, now or 6 months time - what would you prefer????
And the enhancements, they are only extra costumes and stuff....
I was just stating the facts
Wed 28/06/00 at 19:58
Check Out all dAT sony talk on friday . Hmmm, sony KNOW that at the moment the PS2 is S**T
Wed 28/06/00 at 17:16
FROM WHAT I'VE READ THE UK VERSION HAS BEEN IMPROVED AND WILL BE BETTER THAN THE JAP VERSION WHEN IT HITS OUR SHORES.ALSO IT IS DEFINIATELY GOING TO BE REALEASED ON PS2 IN THIS COUNTRY.
Wed 28/06/00 at 16:59
There have been many debates abou the differences of Dead Or alive 2 on the DC and the sasme game for the PS2......
Here are the facts.....

Improved?

DC

Twice the resloution of the PS2 version
Larger and more vibrant colour pallette

PS2

Reflections on marble floors
Twice fps in cut SCENES ONLY

So, which one actually plays better???

Well, I think the DC version does and that is being totally unbiased, I have played both and formed my opinion...
The PS2 version seems to be a little more jerky than the DC version leading you the mess up oftenly but they ddid do the conversion in 2 months, maybe the UK version will be improved.... Who knows...

Also, the DOA2 arcade machine was built on Segas Naoimi and they have a contract so the PS2 version might not even come out over here...
Other peoples opinions??

Paul Davies from CVG agrees with me on this one...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.