GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aha Finally...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/10/05 at 22:46
Regular
.... we're going to get a new computer.

Anyway, the point in this thread is for me to ask a question.

I don't know that much about computers anymore (to put it another way, I don't really care), so i don't really know which hardware = good, and which hardware = bad (software doesn't matter at the moment).

What I want to know is what I should advise my dad to get (based on your advice) at a conservative cost for maximum effect basically.

What I want to do is play Battlefield, Call Of Duty, AOE3, whatever whatever whatever, as well as do all the basic stuff that boring adults like my parents do.

You don't need to direct me anywhere for where I can get components cheap, mind, just give me component names.
Tue 11/10/05 at 16:15
Regular
Well there's a shop near me that I did my work expereince at that builds computers, I'd probably be more inclined to go there to get my PC, mainly because they only take on the best people on work expereince to build their computers (me), so I know they work well.
Tue 11/10/05 at 13:41
Regular
"8==="
My Dell's great.

I built it on their website.

I expect everyone will rubbish Dell PC's though but this one's been sturdy for 6 years now.
Tue 11/10/05 at 07:41
Regular
I'd love to give one, but my dad "doesn't know".

I'd probably say he'd not go over 600-700 though.
Tue 11/10/05 at 07:23
Regular
A price range would help an awful lot.
Mon 10/10/05 at 22:46
Regular
.... we're going to get a new computer.

Anyway, the point in this thread is for me to ask a question.

I don't know that much about computers anymore (to put it another way, I don't really care), so i don't really know which hardware = good, and which hardware = bad (software doesn't matter at the moment).

What I want to know is what I should advise my dad to get (based on your advice) at a conservative cost for maximum effect basically.

What I want to do is play Battlefield, Call Of Duty, AOE3, whatever whatever whatever, as well as do all the basic stuff that boring adults like my parents do.

You don't need to direct me anywhere for where I can get components cheap, mind, just give me component names.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.