GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars - Battlefront"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/10/05 at 09:35
Regular
So, is this worth getting? Savatt seems to be addicted to it on Live, so it must be pretty good :-)

What's so special about it on Live? Is the single player any good? Any more questions I can ask? :-)
Mon 10/10/05 at 19:11
Regular
"8==="
Might pick the original up for the offline play.
Mon 10/10/05 at 15:54
Regular
You get to play as Jedi's as well.

Will most likely pick up the sequel if they manage to get the front end sorted out. I had no problem with the game, but the menu's and online set-up were garbage.
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I love the game - and I'm one of the best ATAT / ATST drivers. ;-) I tend to set up private games with my cousin and friends and we all team up against the CPU. Lots of fun. ;-)

You're probably better off waiting for the sequel at the end of the month now. Most of the old lag issues, etc, should be sorted out. Looks great cause it also has space battles. The fighters look better to control and theres capital ships involved. ;-)
Sun 09/10/05 at 15:54
Regular
"Smeg off!!!"
I think it's a top game and the single player is good too once you get to grips with it.

What's more, if you like Star Wars this is a no-brainer, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!
Thu 06/10/05 at 13:41
Regular
"8==="
It's really good fun, I got rid of it because it didn't have stats and not because I thought it was a poor game.
Thu 06/10/05 at 13:11
Regular
Hmmm, maybe I'll give it a miss then...
Thu 06/10/05 at 13:05
Regular
"8==="
A lot since I played it to death on the first day but I only had the game for about 2 days and then I sold it. :)

One of my friends was always hosting and we all joined them so it ran fine.
Thu 06/10/05 at 12:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well yeah, you could meet up with your friends ok.

Just how often did you meet up in a non-laggy, all-of-you-on-one-side, decent map/etc game?

Once? Twice?
Thu 06/10/05 at 12:32
Regular
"8==="
I met up with friends really easily on it. :S
Thu 06/10/05 at 12:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah - real shame as the obvious intent behind it was to make it a decent Live game...and it certainly mucked that up.

Laggy, slow, unwieldly and worst of all, as Tilta said, impossible to meet your friends etc/set up a decent game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.