GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield 2 Conflict Identified (The Resolution Bug)"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/05 at 00:10
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I've seen hundreds of posts from people crying about the "Unknown DynamicOption 800x600@65Hz" problem that some players get when trying to start up the game (black screen then desktop dump). Well, please forgive me if this problem has already been sourced, but I've found the conflict myself. In a word, 'reforce'. If you re-install the graphics driver, set your desktop and refresh to whatever you want from the driver options, and then simply LEAVE ALONE reforce (oh, and delete the battlefield 2 folder in My Documents to be sure), then the game starts up fine. The monitor will still bake your face without reforce, sure, but at least you know how to fix the Battlefield 2 problem.

Sorry if this has already been identified ages ago.

This works for the full game and maybe the demo too. Just don't use reforce (unfortunally) and re-install video driver.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 05/10/05 at 00:10
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I've seen hundreds of posts from people crying about the "Unknown DynamicOption 800x600@65Hz" problem that some players get when trying to start up the game (black screen then desktop dump). Well, please forgive me if this problem has already been sourced, but I've found the conflict myself. In a word, 'reforce'. If you re-install the graphics driver, set your desktop and refresh to whatever you want from the driver options, and then simply LEAVE ALONE reforce (oh, and delete the battlefield 2 folder in My Documents to be sure), then the game starts up fine. The monitor will still bake your face without reforce, sure, but at least you know how to fix the Battlefield 2 problem.

Sorry if this has already been identified ages ago.

This works for the full game and maybe the demo too. Just don't use reforce (unfortunally) and re-install video driver.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.