GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cold night in the trenches"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Catch it!"
Well wrote this in year 9 its quite good.

I run along in the night with my gun held at my side. My Soldiers running with me, I see bodies laying on the floor with gunshots in them. Bullets fly at me I jump to the floor, mud splashing at my face. I crawl along the floor and hide behind a bush. German Soldiers are trying to shoot at me. I look up and fire at one of the soldiers. The bullet hits him and he fly’s back.

All my other soldiers start shooting at the German’s. Bullets hit the Germans, everything goes into slow motion, the bullets fly slowly through the air, it pushes through the wind, gliding, and then it hits them the Germans. They fall to the floor I ran along with my hard boots splashing in the mud. I jump over the wall the German’s were behind; I roll to the floor and jump back up.

I look around to see if there any, of those evil German scum. But there’s none the coast is clear. I do the action for my Soldiers to follow. They come along I run up some steps and hear shooting. More Germans I hide round the corner and tell everyone to stop. I look round the corner its Germans, but they have their backs to me. I slowly creep along, then I put my gun round a German’s neck, I drag him back. He’s choking then he stop’s I’ve killed him. I ran along and turned a corner no one’s around. “Come on men lets go” I call. Everyone follows I look around the building; I hear something bang on the floor and look down. Oh god a grenade “Run back guys run, now or we’re going to die” I screamed. We all jumped back as the explosion happened, bits of concrete, mud and wood flew.

After stuff had stopped flying I ran back again, I looked down to see if anyone was around, yes there was a man. Standing down on the floor, shot down at him, he started running. “Get him Men” I thundered. I ran for the steps everyone started shooting at the man, but he was just jumping and dodging the bullets. When I got down the steps I turned the corner, and sped after the man. He was still jumping bullets; he had a bag in his hand. “Stop Men stop shooting let me get him” I boomed. They stopped and I started running really fast after the man.

He looked behind him he had a really worried look on his face. He was so horrified I wanted to find out what was in that bag. I shot my gun and watched the bullet dash through the air. It was going to hit the man my eyes widened it hit the man straight in the back. He fell to the floor and his face splashed on to the mud. I ran over to him grab him by his top and pulled him, up his face was covered in mud. I grabbed the bag he had and looked in it. It was food, lovely nice bread, and coffee loads of food that my soldiers and I wanted.

“Hey guy’s come over here” I called; they ran down the steps, ran through the mud, and then got to me. I gave them food and some drink, they all ate it up in seconds. They were like mad wolves when they have just got a meal. The rain stopped and all of a sudden the sun came, we all started cheering. I couldn’t hear any gunshots there was silence.

Then loads of cheering the war was over, it was other English soldiers cheering, men of mine. I saw a white flag waving about then shouting “We Surrender we surrender” that was what the shooting was. It was the Germans they had, had enough, they wanted, to be friends. I went over to them holding my gun at them; I checked them to see if they had any weapons, but no; they didn’t. So I put my hand out and shook hands with them.

Now the war was over and it was the end of the cold night in the trenches……..
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yeah about twelve bits then it stopped I quit doing it but might start again soon after these years well one year.
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:11
Regular
I think so. Well the parts that existed back then at least.
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Catch it!"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> Everything went into slow motion.
>
> I'll never forget Bobs stories on Live, told to 14 random strangers
> and I by Dolores.
>
> Ahhhhhh
>
> My jaw and chest almost died from laughter.

Did you tell every part on it then OR?
Thu 06/10/05 at 17:41
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> Everything went into slow motion.
>
> I'll never forget Bobs stories on Live, told to 14 random strangers
> and I by Dolores.
>
> Ahhhhhh

My jaw and chest almost died from laughter.
Thu 06/10/05 at 11:29
Regular
"bot"
tnc wrote:
> Oriental Rib wrote:
> You should of learn't in year 7.
>
> Hypocrism :P

And you didn't even notice "should of". Dire.
It was clearly a joke anyway.
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:33
Regular
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> DP?

Double Post
Wed 05/10/05 at 22:04
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yeah the Finding those stories were. I might start my site up again and start doing the finding again. For now goodbye.
Wed 05/10/05 at 21:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Everything went into slow motion.

I'll never forget Bobs stories on Live, told to 14 random strangers and I by Dolores.

Ahhhhhh
Wed 05/10/05 at 21:52
Regular
"Catch it!"
DP?
Wed 05/10/05 at 21:32
Regular
Grr...stupid DP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.