GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Car Adverts."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 10:08
Regular
Car adverts annoy me. They always show empty roads on sunny days with some ridiculous tagline like "Explore somewhere new" or some rubbish like that. They never show driving how it actually is - crawling through traffic stopping every hundred yards for yet another roundabout - or traffic lights.

In fact maybe it's just driving generally that I dislike. I mean, let's be honest, who actually enjoys driving? Who gets in their car every morning and thinks "I really enjoy my stop-start jounrey out to the bypass, only to get stuck behind some smelly lorry or some idiot doing 65mph in the outside lane"?

And don't even get me started on "Off" Road vehicles. Thos 4x4s that people get. They only go off road when people park them on the pavement for Gods sake.
Tue 04/10/05 at 10:08
Regular
Car adverts annoy me. They always show empty roads on sunny days with some ridiculous tagline like "Explore somewhere new" or some rubbish like that. They never show driving how it actually is - crawling through traffic stopping every hundred yards for yet another roundabout - or traffic lights.

In fact maybe it's just driving generally that I dislike. I mean, let's be honest, who actually enjoys driving? Who gets in their car every morning and thinks "I really enjoy my stop-start jounrey out to the bypass, only to get stuck behind some smelly lorry or some idiot doing 65mph in the outside lane"?

And don't even get me started on "Off" Road vehicles. Thos 4x4s that people get. They only go off road when people park them on the pavement for Gods sake.
Tue 04/10/05 at 10:13
Regular
"8==="
Pretty sure there's one that ends with: "For those that like to drive" or similar, which is just plain dumb.

"Food: for those that like to eat"
Tue 04/10/05 at 10:16
Regular
"8==="
Inner-city I generally find that a bike is better. You can walk it round traffic lights, down one-way streets and over pedestrian passes etc so if you're travelling during rush hour you tend to get places a lot quicker than car owners stuck in ques.

An the "off-road" stuff's more about safety, it's about having the biggest thing in a crash so you're safe and the other guy get's mullered. Always nice when you meet some dizzy mum running her kids back from school in one of those things... oh yes...
Tue 04/10/05 at 10:24
Regular
Whenever I see one of those 4x things it's only ever got 1 woman in it. And perhaps 1 kid in the back - usually watching a DVD in one of those headrest screen things.
Tue 04/10/05 at 11:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Erm, you've hit advertising in general nail on. But you know that already.

It's all lies.
Tue 04/10/05 at 11:45
Regular
"8==="
Unless it says "it does exactly what it says on the tin".
Tue 04/10/05 at 11:46
Regular
True, but some adverts you can kind of put up with, if they're funny or whatever. But some are just plain sh**e.
Tue 04/10/05 at 11:50
Regular
"8==="
Yep, one of my favourites is the old Harry Enfield Dimebar ad.

"Oi loikes armadillos! Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside ARMADILLOS!!"

The ones I don't like are the ones that are allowed to portray sweets as giving you drug-like experiences, those and all the cheap insurance ad crap.
Tue 04/10/05 at 12:33
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Those chocolate bar adverts are the worst where there's some stupid bint who's practically having an orgasm over some disgusting, sickly Galaxy bar.

As for car adverts, Peugeot generally make some good ones, or at least they do in comparison with their competition. That 406 one from a few years ago with M People's "Search For The Hero" was an awesome advert. They always seem to be able to come up with something original as well, such as the "Envy is a terrible thing" adverts, which actually brought a smile to my face.

It's nice to see something a bit fresh like that, rather than watching yet another fecking Mazda driving along the same strip of road with "zoom zoom zoom, yaaa zoom zoom zoom" over and bloody over again.
Tue 04/10/05 at 13:13
Regular
I saw this quoted on some website the other day

"Most roundabouts do not require stopping, which allows vehicles to move continuously through intersections at the same low speed."

Ahahahahah.

Roundabouts located in rural areas, maybe, but the main beasts located in city centres and around there are a joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.