GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Speaker Inteference"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/10/05 at 20:23
Regular
Just recently i seem to be some kind of inteference with my speakers. It's a kind of weird electronic squeaking, it only seems to happen when i'm on the internet and want to do something, i.e. click a link, scroll down, waiting for a page to load, etc. I think it only happens when i'm playing music at the same time, which is why its so annoying.
The speakers are Creative i-trigue 3400 and are about a month old but its only been happening last couple of days.

Any ideas how to get rid of it? Cheers guys. Oh and i've already checked all the connections are secure.
Mon 03/10/05 at 23:25
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Try wrapping the speaker cables in tin foil.
Mon 03/10/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I used to pick up local taxis, and something foreign (Lebanon FM?) on my guitar amp - a Spinal Tap moment.
Mon 03/10/05 at 22:55
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I sometimes get the local fire brigade though mine.
Mon 03/10/05 at 22:32
Regular
"NULL"
We have the best interference ever on the speakers on the family PC.

Sometimes, when the PC is on, and you're not listening to music or anything, you can hear a very very quite sound coming from the speakers. If you listen very careful, it is foreign (French we think), and sounds like radio.

It only happens when the PC is turned on, and there is definitely nothing playing music on the PC - I checked carefully for that.

All I can think is that the length of the speaker cable is just right to have a current induced in it by a particular radio frequency! It's weird.
Mon 03/10/05 at 21:22
Regular
About a foot away each isde, is that far enough?
Mon 03/10/05 at 20:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Are they near your monitor?
Mon 03/10/05 at 20:23
Regular
Just recently i seem to be some kind of inteference with my speakers. It's a kind of weird electronic squeaking, it only seems to happen when i'm on the internet and want to do something, i.e. click a link, scroll down, waiting for a page to load, etc. I think it only happens when i'm playing music at the same time, which is why its so annoying.
The speakers are Creative i-trigue 3400 and are about a month old but its only been happening last couple of days.

Any ideas how to get rid of it? Cheers guys. Oh and i've already checked all the connections are secure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.