GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone with Fifa '05?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fifa 2005'.
Sat 09/10/04 at 00:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
If so, what's new?

Is it pretty much the same, only with minor tweakage. Oh, and is the Nationwide Conference included as a new league?

If no for either one, there is no way on earth I'm shelling out for it.
Tue 19/10/04 at 21:19
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
i'mattributé wrote:
> ISO?

huh?
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
ISO?
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:54
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
very poor this...why why cant i just start career with spurs???
Mon 11/10/04 at 14:07
Regular
"Touched!"
Had a few games online on this and I must say the netcode is pretty darn good. I still hate the animation, I still hate the glued feel to the ball, still no pro evo beater but it's getting better. Some of the free kicks you can score are amazing. Roll on Pro Evo.
Mon 11/10/04 at 14:05
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I rented this over the weekend and thought that it was damn good. The AI of the players has improved to such an extent that when I play an opposing team (on hard) they will have about 50% of the possession. The computer plays a mean game now.

The general "feel" is a lot better (you can chose between 3 games speeds), there are more passing options and the first touch ability (on the right analogue stick) works well. The commentary is great and the overall presentation is top class.

I think that the gap between FIFA and ISO Pro is narrowing. FIFA is becoming more of a simulation and ISO Pro is adding more and more "real" teams and players etc. I've always prefered ISO to FIFA but there may be a chance that ISO Pro 4 will be usurped by the aforementioned.

I'll rent ISO Pro 4 when it comes out to allow a comparison and thus make my final decision, but FIFA 2005 has set a good benchmark.
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:38
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It always has been the 15th to my knowledge...
Sat 09/10/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Touched!"
15th now :(
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:30
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> As Donkey Konga was delayed I got this to tide me over..I got it only
> for Live play so it had better be good!

Donkey Konga delayed?????
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:12
Regular
"Touched!"
As Donkey Konga was delayed I got this to tide me over..I got it only for Live play so it had better be good!
Sat 09/10/04 at 14:34
Ashman wrote:
> If so, what's new?
>
> Is it pretty much the same, only with minor tweakage. Oh, and is the
> Nationwide Conference included as a new league?

The leagues are organised into:

o) FA Premier League
o) Football League Champ
o) Football League One
o) Football League Two

There's also an LDV Vans trophy along with the FA Cup, League Cup and the division cups etc.

The online mode has some really good features too! After having a quick look you can setup tournaments online to start at a specific time that others can join. Its then an elimination tourny and you can set all the options e.g. Ranked/Unranked, Number of Teams, Half length, Injuries, Private etc.
Seems like a really cool feature. The online system is really well organised too. After the crap that was Fifa 2004 online on the PS2 you can imagine how so many things could go wrong, but this time round, EA has done something right and implemented a decent online system.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.