GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Vistory Of Violence"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/10/05 at 07:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Very, very good. David Cronenberg has direceted his most accessible movie to date, and also one of his best (Dead Ringers still has that honour IMHO)

Intelligent, brilliantly acted and when the violence happens, it's brutal and shocking in it's intensity.

The violence (and in fact the sex) is where the "real" Cronenberg really shows.

It may take most people two watches to get the most from the movie however.
Tue 04/10/05 at 22:03
Regular
"Huh?"
Agree with the good stuff and also the little daughter stuff is lame - poor kid can't act either even for a moppet but what I liked most was the bit with his brother, (don't wanna say to much to spoil it even more) that played for laughs as well as violence - really tricky to pull off.
Sun 02/10/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The Hibernator wrote:
> My biggest gripe with this film is the beginning. It has some real
> frothy moments of love and everyone-gets-along-in-a-corny-fashion. A
> scene right at the very beginning where all the family are in the
> little girl's bedroom is an example.

Yup. Totally deliberately over the top saccrine sweetness. It's supposed to be the type of town where "See you in Church sunday" doesn't get a laugh in response.
Sun 02/10/05 at 19:26
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I watched this last night...

While I generally liked it, there were moments that could be uncomfortable to watch with certain people. The violence is enough at times to make you cringe. However, it is well-acted, and Ed Harris is great in it.

My biggest gripe with this film is the beginning. It has some real frothy moments of love and everyone-gets-along-in-a-corny-fashion. A scene right at the very beginning where all the family are in the little girl's bedroom is an example.

Other than that... good film.
Sat 01/10/05 at 11:08
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So I should leave Windows Media Player on repeat then?

The cinema close to us closed down :(

The one further away on the industrial/bum-mugging estate is expensive :(

It probably won't come here, it hasn't got Martin Lawrence in it :(

:(
Sat 01/10/05 at 07:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Very, very good. David Cronenberg has direceted his most accessible movie to date, and also one of his best (Dead Ringers still has that honour IMHO)

Intelligent, brilliantly acted and when the violence happens, it's brutal and shocking in it's intensity.

The violence (and in fact the sex) is where the "real" Cronenberg really shows.

It may take most people two watches to get the most from the movie however.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.