GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming for Older Generations!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 19:43
Regular
While your on the PC does anyone having there Dad next to them going, "oh let me go on the PC, I need to defeat Genghis Kahn on Ages of the Empires". Or is your dear old nan shooting the Naboo Starships on Starwars starfighter on your PS2.

I know i have this problem, my Dad is addicted to Ages of Empires II. The game he got me for Christmas. I think he's going in a mental state as it's at my friends at the moment.

Did you know that it's a commen fact that the average game buyer is something like 25. It's true.

But the weirdest thing I've seen is this 78 year old lady playing on her grandsons Dreamcast. I found that so funny, she was quite good at it as well, and the thing that cracked me up was when she said. "I dont want to playonline as I feel i'm spoiling the youngsters fun."
Can you belive that, theres millions of people that go online, idont this one AOP on the net wont make a different.

How do you feel towards this subject, does your Mum shoot Zombies with a massive shotgun on Resiedent Evil when you go to bed. Or would you hate to see old people online.

Just feel free to leave a message. :)
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:43
Regular
"Hoo Har"
While your on the PC does anyone having there Dad next to them going, "oh let me go on the PC, I need to defeat Genghis Kahn on Ages of the Empires". Or is your dear old nan shooting the Naboo Starships on Starwars starfighter on your PS2.

I know i have this problem, my Dad is addicted to Ages of Empires II. The game he got me for Christmas. I think he's going in a mental state as it's at my friends at the moment.

Did you know that it's a commen fact that the average game buyer is something like 25. It's true.

But the weirdest thing I've seen is this 78 year old lady playing on her grandsons Dreamcast. I found that so funny, she was quite good at it as well, and the thing that cracked me up was when she said. "I dont want to playonline as I feel i'm spoiling the youngsters fun."
Can you belive that, theres millions of people that go online, idont this one AOP on the net wont make a different.

How do you feel towards this subject, does your Mum shoot Zombies with a massive shotgun on Resiedent Evil when you go to bed. Or would you hate to see old people online.

Just feel free to leave a message. :)
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:49
ThaTS the first topic that is decent that you have done. WELL DONE (:)
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Thanks TW. I'd just like to tell the world that me and TW are now friends!
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:51
Regular
Erm.

My parents don't use the computer, fortunatly for us all... they aren't into gaming, and can't seem to understand how much I like it, as the clichè goes, I suppose.
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I probly like gaming so much 'cos I a can do something that i will never do in real life. I can shoot a Zombie in the head with a shotgun, I can play football against Real Madrid and i can Save the world shooting terorrists in the head.

Thats why gaming is so succsessful. :)
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:55
my dads stolen my copy of tiberian sun! its a good thing we have more than one pc in my house or i'd never get a go. i dont mind him havin the game though, cos i prefer red alert 2
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:56
Spider II wrote:
> Thanks TW. I'd just like to tell the world that me and TW are now
> friends!

he was joking... (we are only friends on msn spider) (:)
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:57
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I got two PC's as well but one is broke. But heres a good tip if your Dad's gets annoying. Pretend to lend your game to a friend. And play on it when your Dad's out. Thats what I do. It works really well.

Go ahead, call me wicked :)
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Time_Warp wrote:
> Spider II wrote:
> Thanks TW. I'd just like to tell the world
> that me and TW are now
> friends!

he was joking... (we are
> only friends on msn spider) (:)

LOL

TW, Why do you do your smily faces like this (:)

I do them like this :)
Thu 07/06/01 at 20:13
sorry mate but it is my trade mark. (:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.