GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need like, university help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/09/05 at 12:45
Regular
UCAS tariff: 280 points with at least 240 points from 6/12 unit GCE/VCE A-level, plus five GCSEs (at grade C or above) to include English. Equivalent qualifications are also acceptable.

Okay, to get onto a course in uni, i need that, i have the GCSE's but the points, i dontget that bit, does it depend on your grade in the A-levels? how many you take? or what? i am only in year 12, but i have a plan in mind, because i am not enjoying school, so i need to know before i make any choices
Tue 04/10/05 at 18:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had a tutorial last year that had 10 English people, myself and an Irish girl.
Tue 04/10/05 at 18:35
Regular
Yeah, an HNC and an HND are qualifications you can get at a college. You are eligible for those after every year if you pass and can't be bothered going back.

If you are English I wouldn't go to a Scottish Uni, you'll just be bitter that the Scottish kids sitting in your classes are recieving a free education while you're paying a grand a year for the privalege.
Tue 04/10/05 at 18:33
So you get a qualification whenever you finish a year? Sounds good to me, beats getting nothing if you drop out of a 3 year course after 2 and a half years.
Tue 04/10/05 at 18:19
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> Don't the scots have to take an extra year at uni, for the (Hons)
> part?

Yep, an honours degree in Scotland is a 4 year course.

1st year = HNC
2nd year = HND
3rd year = Degree
4th year = Honours
Tue 04/10/05 at 18:18
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> "I like making model planes *snort*"
> "I'm reading classics"

I must be a nightmare too then, as there's nothing wrong with a good f-14 model and a litle bit of Virgil in the original Latin prose :-).
Tue 04/10/05 at 13:10
Regular
We spent last night watching University challenge (finally managed to get a TV in the kitchen area), it was Oxford Vs Cambridge.

Oxford got pwned big time.

But still, all of the contestants must be a nightmare to live with.

"I like making model planes *snort*"
"I'm reading classics"
Tue 04/10/05 at 00:46
Regular
"bot"
down wrote:
> Cambridge's is 519

I got a total of 540 points. That means I'm good enough for Cambridge!
Mon 03/10/05 at 22:58
Don't the scots have to take an extra year at uni, for the (Hons) part?

Don't give a damn either way.
Mon 03/10/05 at 22:33
well at our posh school, we can do A-levels in 6th year

I'm doing a-level maths with stats, human biology and adv-higher chemistry so I dunno how that would work out, would my a-levels over-rule my highers?

my points so far are...

Mon 03/10/05 at 22:29
Regular
I meant 4 highers though (because I did 2 Advanced Highers of subjects).

I calculated my points.

Only because I did rubbish in 6th year though (A B and 2 C's! Awful).

That's better than Bolton though, so it's OK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.