GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man's inhumanity to,,,giant squid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/09/05 at 08:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So some bods finally photograph a giant squid in it's natural environment. And how do they achieve this feat? With hooks and bait.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4288772.stm[/URL]

Nice one.

I hardly call a giant squid struggling to escape from a home-made mace and ripping off one of it's own tentacles "natural".

"Kubodera and Mori took more than 550 images of the giant squid as it made repeated attempts to detach itself."

So they sat watching it struggle, filled with glee at what they'd done? I know millions and millions of fish are caught and eaten daily, but a marine creature we know nothing about should be approached with more care, in my opinion. Just seemed a bit cruel to send down a nice treat, then fill the treat with hooks, to photograph a creature we know nothing about. Pah, what do the Japanese know about marine conservation?
Sat 01/10/05 at 22:13
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Here's hoping that squid actually eats them.
Fri 30/09/05 at 22:34
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You know, sometimes your words hurt....
Fri 30/09/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
And then eats them yes ahahahaha!
Fri 30/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Even if the squid had no hard feelings in the end and invited all the researchers down for tea in a couple of months' time to catch up?
Fri 30/09/05 at 10:02
Regular
Ah, whatever, I'm angry about anything to do with this story.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:20
Nice one Stryke.
Thu 29/09/05 at 19:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think it was a kind of ironic joke, Stryke.

Who cares if it isn't scientific research, anyway, it's pictures, everyone likes pictures. There was a list of giant creatures in the Guardian today, apparently 65 million years ago there was a giant turtle, about twice the length of a man. Cool.
Thu 29/09/05 at 19:08
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> F-ing Japs, still have that pre-war empirical attitude within them.

--

Those evil slant-eyes, eh? I bet they practising this method so they can use in on Manchurians.

Shut up.
Thu 29/09/05 at 17:44
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I think this is worse, though...
> [URL]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,,00.html[/URL]

I actually flinched when I saw that picture.

Horrific.
Thu 29/09/05 at 17:40
Regular
"www.sprogstudios.tk"
HEY!

First off, that's not funny... and second.. YOU BETTER SIGN THE PETITION OR ELSE YOU... You... you.... erm...

Anyways, this is totally sick and i'm going to take it to the vets tomorrow and show them and get them ALL to sign the petition or else I shall stop going in and helping them... SIGN THE PETITON!

I totally agree with Rai... I own a boat... how about we go get them sickos, put a hook through their mouths and go drag em about in the middle of the shark infested waters?! eh? How'd you like that you (Says many naughty words in quick succession) ?!?!?

A VERY ANGRY SPROG

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.