GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Land of the Dead"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/09/05 at 17:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Am I the only one who loved it?

Opening few minutes' voice over left me in the correct state for enjoyment of a Romero film; unsettled and paranoid. And very afraid.

Okay, so Asia Argento would have difficulty acting her way out of a damp paper bag, and perhaps the leading man was too bland (in that I can't actually remember his name), but as a Romero film (and, therefore, a comment on society and it's decay via the medium of zombies) I found it unbeatable.

Then again, I think too much...
Mon 03/10/05 at 02:49
Regular
"8==="
It was a little lightweight but good none the less.

Little short too, there was a lot there that could have been expanded and I felt some of the situations were a little clipped compared to the earlier movies.
Sun 02/10/05 at 18:19
Regular
40 year old virgin is utterly brillant.

I still feel Land of the Dead was an excellent film. Souless ending mind.
Sun 02/10/05 at 12:51
Regular
"Catch it!"
The only times I can see it are 2.00pm and 6.45 so im trying for two. If not 40-year old virgin does anyone know if that is good.
Sun 02/10/05 at 12:39
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I also thought it was awesome. Being a mega zombie fan I was surprised hearing all my mates saying it was pants and not comparative to the others at all. Admittedly, it wasn't as good as dawn in my opinion but it was very good.

** Spoiler kind of warning **

I did want them to shoot down the building though, that woulda been awesome.
Sun 02/10/05 at 04:42
Regular
"Captain to you."
Just finished watching it, story wise it's pretty good but it didn't have the same effect the other films did.

There were a few jumpy moments which i think were a bad idea. There were a few moments when gore seemed left out but it's probably to keep the rating down.
Sun 02/10/05 at 02:16
Regular
"Catch it!"
Well no homework so its land of the dead then :D
Sun 02/10/05 at 02:13
Regular
"Catch it!"
Might go and see this tomorrow of Howl's Moving Castle. If I don't have to much Homework to do :(
Sat 01/10/05 at 16:02
Regular
"\\"
I liked it. Far better use of my money than alot of movies recently.

I think I liked it so much just due to the idea of the zombies. This unnatural predator of humans that suddenly learns how to think. Just a terrorfying prospect really. Shame it wasn't done as brilliantly as it could have been done. Still pretty good though.
Sat 01/10/05 at 15:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I was dissapointed by Land. I was watching it and thinking "this is good, but it should be fecking excellent"

If it were from anyone else but Romero, I think most people would automatically knock at least three stars out of ten off it.
Sat 01/10/05 at 15:17
Regular
Because it was rubbish. Then again I didn't like the original Dawn or Night either though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.