GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A flaw in wireless networking? Or is it my router?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/09/05 at 21:48
Regular
I just came across a problem with my wireless router whereas about an hour ago it stopped transmistting it's SSID to the other computer and laptop, as it turns out the problem was with me leaving it on it's default channel 11 because almost every other networks around my neighbourhood seemed to be using channel 6.
There must be some problem with my router as I've specifically read that channels you should try and use channels 1,6 and 11 as the radio frequencies don't overlap.

P.S Channel 6 works fine and the other computer is able to connect to it fine but with channel 11 the connection constantly drops.
Mon 26/09/05 at 23:12
Regular
I was using channel 11 for a week or so until now neither channel 1 works.
It's known that's it's better off to use a less congested channel but I can't use anything else.
Mon 26/09/05 at 22:20
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
On my router, Channels 11-13 are reserved for USA connections aparently? Dunno what that means, but I'm using the default Channel 6
Mon 26/09/05 at 21:48
Regular
I just came across a problem with my wireless router whereas about an hour ago it stopped transmistting it's SSID to the other computer and laptop, as it turns out the problem was with me leaving it on it's default channel 11 because almost every other networks around my neighbourhood seemed to be using channel 6.
There must be some problem with my router as I've specifically read that channels you should try and use channels 1,6 and 11 as the radio frequencies don't overlap.

P.S Channel 6 works fine and the other computer is able to connect to it fine but with channel 11 the connection constantly drops.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.