GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Original Ideas??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 18:27
Regular
I cant help notice that alot of the games that are being released soon or have been released seem to be non-original ideas. I remember way back when the PS1 was released we had a variety of games that where new and appealing to PS1 owners( Wipeout, Destruction Derby, and lots more) But now game designers seem to copy old ideas or produce sequels of games. im not saying i don't enjoy playing these games and i can't wait for games like GT3, MGS2, Tekken 4, WWF Smackdown 3 and all the other great games that are on there way but it would be nice to see new original ideas brought out.
Fri 08/06/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Aliboy wrote:
But you have to admit that if a "brand new idea" that looked and played good on the PS2
> that most if not all PS2 users would rush out and buy it.

What about a bird watching game thats orginal but nobody would buy that. Even if the graphics were true to life and the playability was spot on to real life.
Fri 08/06/01 at 11:39
Reflections have Stuntman coming out. I think that idea has a lot of potential, and they've got a pedigree for making games very playable. So fingers crossed.
Fri 08/06/01 at 00:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've started alot, i guess being bored and also a little drunk makes people do a little strange things, But you have to admit that if a "brand new idea" that looked and played good on the PS2 that most if not all PS2 users would rush out and buy it. When we all bought the PS2 we "expect" the designers to make games worth buying ( if they dont make good games we dont buy them = they dont get as much money) People dont want a new Tomb Raider (im getting fed up with a new tomb Raider) What most gamers want is an original idea that hasn't been used been used before. Something to make the PS2 better than anything else available on the market and OI believe that the software developers for the PS2 have the ability to make the PS2 not only great but the best Console "EVER"!
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
how many topics have you started today man>?

yeah there is a little too much "updates" that seem to have been around forever. It would be nice to see some new ideas come to life.

I want Namco Museum to come to the PS2 cus i love the games even though they're far past ancient,I never could get hold of the series.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:27
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I cant help notice that alot of the games that are being released soon or have been released seem to be non-original ideas. I remember way back when the PS1 was released we had a variety of games that where new and appealing to PS1 owners( Wipeout, Destruction Derby, and lots more) But now game designers seem to copy old ideas or produce sequels of games. im not saying i don't enjoy playing these games and i can't wait for games like GT3, MGS2, Tekken 4, WWF Smackdown 3 and all the other great games that are on there way but it would be nice to see new original ideas brought out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.