GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A1 Racing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/09/05 at 13:21
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
May actually be quite entertaining
Mon 26/09/05 at 19:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Apparently over 70,000 people attended yesterday which is good going for the first ever race!
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:47
Regular
Yeah that other forum that I pointed you towards the other day were saying that the TV coverage was pretty pants. Could be because it's the first race etc as you say - guess you'll have to wait and see. I'll have to follow it online from now on....
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, the atmosphere at a race event is one of the reasons I enjoy going to F1 events. I remember in 1993 when I first went to an F1 race, we had to go by train and we met a couple of Brazilian Senna fans and had a good chat with them.

The coverage in qualifying was really poor. Sky Sports didn't have any times on the screen and the commentators had to rely on the timing screens, which were slow and it was just total confusion. Even when they showed the grid at the end, they had the pole position time and then the list of countries with no differences in time next to them.

The race coverage was better as we saw the gaps between the drivers and fastest laps etc. Andy Priaulx doesn't have the on screen ability to pull off the pundit in the studio role and Sophie Aal came across as a right ditz. Otherwise it felt a little rushed. Perhaps it was just first event nerves and they'll settle down.

I enjoyed the racing though. It's a nice concept.
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:30
Regular
I was in Grandstand A, which was towards to the beginning of the start finish straight. Saw a cloud of dust that turned out to be a Lebanese car, so then looked over and saw it on the screen.

Was right near a load (about 60 odd) dutch fans all decked out in orange who went metalist everytime the Boss showed his face. Really helped the atmosphere along - which was the main thing about the day. The whole country v country aspect worked really well. There were huge cheers as we took Aus and Brazil in the pit stops (which we could see right down into).

I can see this series taking off in the short term. Whether it has staying power or not is another matter. It's a shame it's on Sky Sports as it means I won't actually be able to see any more of it!

The move by Piquet Jnr was quite special, and it's a real shame that Robbie went out, and that Verstappn started so far down, as I think he would have shown his face towards the top 3 and would have added excitement to the last few laps.

Also, I got really badly sunburnt.
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:03
Regular
The only crap thing about it is the fact that it's being shown on Sky Sports.

I haven't got Sky Sports, nor any other digital channels.
Mon 26/09/05 at 14:38
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Where were you at the track? Did you see the barrel rolling Lebanese car from where you were?

Anyway, the races were pretty good. The cars looked pretty nervous for the majority of the field which led to a few incidents. Brands Hatch isn't the best track for overtaking though, which is a shame. Hopefully we'll see some more overtaking in the races to come. I also hope the other drivers get their act together because Brazil walked it in the end, despite their problems in the feature race.
Mon 26/09/05 at 13:26
Regular
Went to Brands yesterday to see it.

Was very good.
Sun 25/09/05 at 18:00
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Damarus wrote:
> But you're not going to see it live so you're watching it on TV.
>
> OFMG!!It can't possibly be entertaining!!!!!!112111

I know I hate watching things on the tele.

But I am not made of money if I want to see football, seeing Ashes matches etc.........................
Sun 25/09/05 at 14:55
Regular
But you're not going to see it live so you're watching it on TV.

OFMG!!It can't possibly be entertaining!!!!!!112111
Sun 25/09/05 at 14:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Not bad really whats good about it is everyone starts evenly matched so the best drivers should win.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.