GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I had an awful day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Starting work at Morrisons again blah de blah

However, they said come this morning at 9am for my induction which I thought would be an hour or two of form filing/uniform receiving like last time.

Nope, I was in a crowded room for 6 hours being read a health and safety booklet from page to page. Then the woman, in complete primary school manner asked everyone to 'spot the mistakes' in a cartoon picture. It was sad to see grown men and women shout these out like a bunch of five year olds, it really was.

I've had about 3 hours sleep and I've missed the last bus to my mate's parents house place which was having a big party.

I hate work
Sun 25/09/05 at 14:58
Regular
"That's right!"
As if it wasn't bad enough doing it at work, I'd already been through just about every health and safety speech there is thanks to being on a media course and having to deal with wiring and stuff.

The other week we were given a "household notes presentation" at work. You're probably wondering what in the blue sam hell a household note is, it's basically a note you leave when you deal with someone's claim for New Tax Credits. Only the claims get dealt with by different people in different parts of the country so technical terms and abbreviations cause a lot of hassle when trying to translate what someone else has said.

Despite my team not dealing with household notes we were still treated to a sit down as our manager simply read through the booklet cover to cover (the booklet we all had in front of us) with all the emotion of a Dalek.

The excitement in the air was incredible...

Thankfully I had an early finish that day so after 10 minutes I got up and walked out, but I was assured I would get the presentation the next day.

Next day my boss takes the only other person who missed it the previous day downstairs... and forgets about me. Huzzah!
Sun 25/09/05 at 01:26
Regular
I'd tend to agree with the attitude that such attention to health and safety is over the top, but having met a large cross section of the morons that work at those places, I can see why they have to cover their @r5es.

One 16 year old lad at Kwik Save when I was working there, ran a box cutter knife straight down his hand. He was holding the box to steady it - it didn't occur to him that the knife would go straight through the box. Net result - hasty trip to hospital and shed load of stitches.

I've done some bloody stupid things in haste though - such as dragging a rollcage full to the top of soft drinks and wine, at high speed over a mat. Still, at least it didn't land on me.
Sat 24/09/05 at 22:49
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
RoJ wrote:
> Health and Safety.. That stuff is generally a waste of time.

We're born to die! .Fact.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Forest Fan wrote:
> SHEEPY wrote:
> I've missed the last bus
>
> Haha. At 4:31pm? Where do you live?

It's a long distance trip, I was heading up to Fife.

And yeah, Im like to moan.
WoW and cakes will keep me company tonight.

/cry
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:54
Really! It was used as a link to the stuff I was selling here. After that ended, I coouldn't think of a tag so just used the most obvious then.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
lcarus wrote:
> That was really a coincidence, at least initially.

I'm sure it was...
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:46
That was really a coincidence, at least initially.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
lcarus wrote:
> sheepy in surprise moaning post shocker!!!

I think the person in your tag will be doing a fair amount of moaning. Has no-one told you to remove that yet?
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:41
Regular
"the burning sky"
Sort of relates to the topic. We went to Nando's last night and there was a guy at another table being really cocky, picked up a ketchup bottle and tried to spin half in his hand, half in the air. Problem was the top came of and went all down his front and over the floor. Some wench..ermm..waitress had to come and put one of those 'Caution Wet' bollards on the floor. Then the guy complained to the staff cus he got it on his expensive trainers. 'tard.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:19
sheepy in surprise moaning post shocker!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.