GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CD Images."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 16:12
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right I have a load of games that require CD's to load such as Far Cry. I just need someone to recommend a program that can make an image of the CD and one that can run said image, purely so I dont have to go look for the damn CD every time I want to play. Cheers.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:12
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right I have a load of games that require CD's to load such as Far Cry. I just need someone to recommend a program that can make an image of the CD and one that can run said image, purely so I dont have to go look for the damn CD every time I want to play. Cheers.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
NTI CD Maker makes CD images. Dunno about program which will run them though.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Alcohol 120% to make an image and Daemon to make a virtual drive.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
Using whole images isn't a good idea, you'd be much better to have a look for mini-images to run your games as they can be around 4meg rather than 4gig for a dvd image.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
Chippxero wrote:
> Using whole images isn't a good idea, you'd be much better to have a
> look for mini-images to run your games as they can be around 4meg
> rather than 4gig for a dvd image.

I cant think of any DVD games that require me to use the CD. Atm its only FarCry that want's CD1 to be in all the timee.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
I have a feeling that Nero should be able to create disc images, i'm just not sure how...

Edit: Figured it out.

Edit2: Damn copyright protection, process failed :S
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
Now Alcohol 120% just reports a feck load of errors when I try :S

NVM, apparently this is normal with some games, and apparantly the iso's work fine...
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:51
"High polygon count"
Have you had a look on the net for patches which remove the CD requirement?

I had one for Far Cry, worked a treat.
Sat 24/09/05 at 17:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Have you had a look on the net for patches which remove the CD
> requirement?
>
> I had one for Far Cry, worked a treat.

Aye that would work a treat, but half the time I end up with viruses from them, and theyre rather unscrupilous sites...
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Captain to you."
Tomm wrote:
> I cant think of any DVD games that require me to use the CD. Atm its
> only FarCry that want's CD1 to be in all the timee.

For me farcry is a dvd game so it required the disk in so does bf2 and thats a dvd game for me too.

Mini-Images FTW

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.