GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things change..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 14:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Haven't posted one of these for a while, you've missed out on many a MoJo night out (including tales of Wal's little brother starting on people in the toilets) so here's the closest thing.

Went to one of the Wal's brother's BBQs, which are becoming a bit of a tradition. It was 7:30pm and freezing cold but we still stood around as Wal's brother Mark set fire to the food and his wife asked us how many ladies we'd be boom booming in Thailand... er, yeah.

It was a good laugh, we talked about our upcoming holiday and watched a documentary about people in Thailand trying to "find themselves" (apparantly this involves sleeping with lady boys then going to a monestary to talk about dogs)

We'd got an overly expensive taxi over there, so since she was picking up her dad, we got Wal's lass to pick us up too (except The Fos Man who stayed over, the lazy booger) She stalled the car when she stopped for us to get in; being drunk we laughed, being sober she shot us some VERY hacky looks and was generally un-amused all the way home as she argued with her dad about speed cameras as he was side seat driving.

To make it quicker for her to get home we got out at Forest Hall shops and started walking the rest of the way to mine. Carrying two cans and the dregs of a bottle of whiskey (all that was left of all the drink we took over) a large group of lads went past, each one staring at us. They weren't traditional radgies, I think some of them were black/asian which is quite rare in our neck of the woods. They were walking single file, quite spread out, but each one that saw us was doing the deliberate slow walk-try and stare them out routine, which made me angry and also slightly amused that a bunch of 15 year olds would even consider jumping us. Because, y'know, we're 21 and hard. Ish. Sort of.

It wasn't even midnight but the streets were empty - back in our day all the kids were out drinking, last night we barely saw any. Just some young lads walking towards us who'd been punching bins, one of whom looked like he was trying to slap hands with Wal before he spun around as if to say "Na na na na naa!" No, really, he did that. Then some radgie started shouting at us; he came over and asked if he could have our cans.

Blimey, it's been a while since a radgie has come over demanding drink, I think I was 16 the last time that happened, and Wal scared them away that time. We started talking to him and he obviously decided it wasn't worth fighting us (though he did say he wanted to beat SOMEONE up) He said we should've mauled the kids who'd just gone past - a bit extreme considering they looked about 12.

Seems the 23 year old radgie had been dumped by his 17 year old lass. He looked, sounded and acted like every other over-grown radgie we'd known as kids, but we had no idea who he was. Probably "someone's brother" ("No, don't mess with him, he's *insert random name here*'s brother!" was something commonly heard back in the day)

We gave him some whiskey, he wished us farewell and probably went off to smash up some payphones and beat up kids for their dinner money while we went to the metro station, determined for some kind of fight and/or encounter with some young and easy lasses. After all, we had been on the Stella and Grolsch...

We stood on the metro bridge, cans in hand while The Wal got an ear bashing from his lady via the joys of mobile phones ("You stalled the car? We didn't notice, we were probably laughing at something else") and everyone who got off the metro was intimidated sufficiently enough to walk the other way instead of walking past us. To be fair, though, I do the same thing when there are 8 lads drinking White Lightning on the bridge with their biatches.

Disheartened by the lack of violence we went to mine, had a deep and philosophical talk about life, the universe and everything (including taking Arnie masks to Thailand for Halloween) then went to bed about 1.

Around mine used to be a prime place for underage drinking - we patrolled our usual spots and only saw one or two groups of people. What happened to the good old days? Girls losing their virginity at the age of 14 in a bush with a kid called Wayne, shop keepers being intimidated, drunken brawls - we didn't see any evidence of any of this (not even any crisp packets that had been used as condoms) What are the kids doing today? Staying inside and sniffing glue?

I couldn't walk home from Forest Hall shops without being stared at and/or started on by at least one group of lads when I was 16; last night we went looking for trouble and found none. We're gonna have to start our own Fight Club...

Ah well, Astro Boy and Mario Golf and Family Guy arrived this morning, and there's another BBQ tomorrow which will have a lot of the people from high school that we didn't see eye to eye with, maybe someone will get glassed there...
Sun 25/09/05 at 21:21
Regular
'Going out and looking for a fight'. I really hope that when you find the right fight for you, you get your ass kicked.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:51
Regular
"That's right!"
Social commentary isn't meant to be interesting - haven't you read the Daily Mail?
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:06
Regular
Well Papa Mojo, a highly uninteresting account of you and your lashed up mates 'going out to look for trouble but finding none'. I was waiting for a dramatic punchline or life changing event, but felt short-changed in the end. It's like one of those blogs people put on their own web-sites that nobody reads.

You could have summarised it : Mojo went out with mates, argued with PMT girl in car, talked with drunk in street about his missus, went home and talked crap until time to pass out. Fin.

If 'Radgie' is a state of mind and not what you wear, or where you come from, then you my son are Commander Radgie of the Radgie Brigade. May I recommend you pop over to Moss Side in Manchester in your search for trouble. Or the Sudan.

I believe I've said my piece, good day to you, sir.
Sun 25/09/05 at 17:22
Regular
"That's right!"
They've been doing that for a while, yeah. But they're radgies, they have their own laws and rules, which means they have their own fashion laws and rules too.

If they want to look like idiots, let them. Makes it easier to point and laugh at them (which I usually wouldn't condone, but since they're radgies, go for it)
Sun 25/09/05 at 16:09
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Wow... are you American? The ideas of sarcasm and irony seem to have
> passed you by.

No I'm perfectly capable of understanding it. When it makes sense, that is.

> But really, where are the kids? We've been through Springfield Park,
> once a breeding ground for underage drinkers, and not seen a soul
> there. Not even anyone selling tabs to the 14 year olds. Where has
> everyone gone?

I've seen legions of underage drinkers hanging around the Kwik Save. There was a crackdown on them hanging around in Springfield park due to complaints a couple of years back. I imagine the police are still keeping a close eye on it. It was notorious I (as you'll know)

> Have they migrated back to Longbenton? Seems everyone's either there
> or in Forest Hall when they're out causing trouble.

I certainly hope the majority are in Longbenton. It makes it so I don't have to look at them. What's with the latest thing of them tucking in the tracksuit bottoms into socks. Do they not realise that it makes them look really, really f****** stupid?
Sun 25/09/05 at 16:03
Regular
"That's right!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> [edit] Rubbish. I'm 31. I've lived in Killingworth and Forest Hall
> for the vast majority of my life. Forest Hall has never been
> "all fields". Sure, there's been a lot of development, but
> it hasn't been an isolated village for decades.

-----

Wow... are you American? The ideas of sarcasm and irony seem to have passed you by.

But really, where are the kids? We've been through Springfield Park, once a breeding ground for underage drinkers, and not seen a soul there. Not even anyone selling tabs to the 14 year olds. Where has everyone gone?

Have they migrated back to Longbenton? Seems everyone's either there or in Forest Hall when they're out causing trouble.
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Well you've proven my point - things have changed. Back in my day it
> was all fields...

[edit] Rubbish. I'm 31. I've lived in Killingworth and Forest Hall for the vast majority of my life. Forest Hall has never been "all fields". Sure, there's been a lot of development, but it hasn't been an isolated village for decades.

Yeah, things change, but

"MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I think some of them
> were black/asian which is quite rare in our neck of the woods.
"

Is not true at all. While not as common as some places, the appearance of a different skin colour is not uncommon.
Sun 25/09/05 at 14:52
Regular
"That's right!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I live in Forest Hall. It's not rare at all.

-------

Well you've proven my point - things have changed. Back in my day it was all fields...
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I think some of them
> were black/asian which is quite rare in our neck of the woods.

I live in Forest Hall. It's not rare at all.

What a whirlwind existance you lead to. I was rivited by that story.....
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Haven't posted one of these for a while, you've missed out on many a MoJo night out (including tales of Wal's little brother starting on people in the toilets) so here's the closest thing.

Went to one of the Wal's brother's BBQs, which are becoming a bit of a tradition. It was 7:30pm and freezing cold but we still stood around as Wal's brother Mark set fire to the food and his wife asked us how many ladies we'd be boom booming in Thailand... er, yeah.

It was a good laugh, we talked about our upcoming holiday and watched a documentary about people in Thailand trying to "find themselves" (apparantly this involves sleeping with lady boys then going to a monestary to talk about dogs)

We'd got an overly expensive taxi over there, so since she was picking up her dad, we got Wal's lass to pick us up too (except The Fos Man who stayed over, the lazy booger) She stalled the car when she stopped for us to get in; being drunk we laughed, being sober she shot us some VERY hacky looks and was generally un-amused all the way home as she argued with her dad about speed cameras as he was side seat driving.

To make it quicker for her to get home we got out at Forest Hall shops and started walking the rest of the way to mine. Carrying two cans and the dregs of a bottle of whiskey (all that was left of all the drink we took over) a large group of lads went past, each one staring at us. They weren't traditional radgies, I think some of them were black/asian which is quite rare in our neck of the woods. They were walking single file, quite spread out, but each one that saw us was doing the deliberate slow walk-try and stare them out routine, which made me angry and also slightly amused that a bunch of 15 year olds would even consider jumping us. Because, y'know, we're 21 and hard. Ish. Sort of.

It wasn't even midnight but the streets were empty - back in our day all the kids were out drinking, last night we barely saw any. Just some young lads walking towards us who'd been punching bins, one of whom looked like he was trying to slap hands with Wal before he spun around as if to say "Na na na na naa!" No, really, he did that. Then some radgie started shouting at us; he came over and asked if he could have our cans.

Blimey, it's been a while since a radgie has come over demanding drink, I think I was 16 the last time that happened, and Wal scared them away that time. We started talking to him and he obviously decided it wasn't worth fighting us (though he did say he wanted to beat SOMEONE up) He said we should've mauled the kids who'd just gone past - a bit extreme considering they looked about 12.

Seems the 23 year old radgie had been dumped by his 17 year old lass. He looked, sounded and acted like every other over-grown radgie we'd known as kids, but we had no idea who he was. Probably "someone's brother" ("No, don't mess with him, he's *insert random name here*'s brother!" was something commonly heard back in the day)

We gave him some whiskey, he wished us farewell and probably went off to smash up some payphones and beat up kids for their dinner money while we went to the metro station, determined for some kind of fight and/or encounter with some young and easy lasses. After all, we had been on the Stella and Grolsch...

We stood on the metro bridge, cans in hand while The Wal got an ear bashing from his lady via the joys of mobile phones ("You stalled the car? We didn't notice, we were probably laughing at something else") and everyone who got off the metro was intimidated sufficiently enough to walk the other way instead of walking past us. To be fair, though, I do the same thing when there are 8 lads drinking White Lightning on the bridge with their biatches.

Disheartened by the lack of violence we went to mine, had a deep and philosophical talk about life, the universe and everything (including taking Arnie masks to Thailand for Halloween) then went to bed about 1.

Around mine used to be a prime place for underage drinking - we patrolled our usual spots and only saw one or two groups of people. What happened to the good old days? Girls losing their virginity at the age of 14 in a bush with a kid called Wayne, shop keepers being intimidated, drunken brawls - we didn't see any evidence of any of this (not even any crisp packets that had been used as condoms) What are the kids doing today? Staying inside and sniffing glue?

I couldn't walk home from Forest Hall shops without being stared at and/or started on by at least one group of lads when I was 16; last night we went looking for trouble and found none. We're gonna have to start our own Fight Club...

Ah well, Astro Boy and Mario Golf and Family Guy arrived this morning, and there's another BBQ tomorrow which will have a lot of the people from high school that we didn't see eye to eye with, maybe someone will get glassed there...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.