GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/09/05 at 14:22
"High polygon count"
What is the nation's sudden overwhelming fascination with this game?

It's been all over the internet for a few months, and now it's all over the TV in various forms.

I know you can win cash prizes and so on, blah blah ad infinitum. But people have been winning (and losing) fortunes in poker games for decades, if not centuries.

It's not a new game by any stretch of the imagination, so why are we suddenly seeing it everywhere?
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:13
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Socially it varies from table to table... people are obviously more social on the "play money" tables.

If you're on a table of 5 playing Hold Em for real cash nobody wants to talk usually...serious business I suppose.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:32
J-42 wrote:
> lcarus wrote:
> Only in real life. You lose a lot with the online version.
>
> Well... Friend of mine is $1000 up over about three months, so you
> have to be good.

Heh, I mean in terms of the social aspect, the atmosphere.
Sun 25/09/05 at 13:51
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The money in poker has gone up a lot as well over the last few years and if you get good and enter online tournaments you can win quite a bit of money.

Helen Chamberlain won $400,000 (£220,000) a few weeks back and she's only a casual player.
Sun 25/09/05 at 01:55
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Smedlos wrote:
> PS all you virus creating morons - my security has been re-enabled.

Damn :(

...I play for fake money on www.littlewoodspoker.com (The same people who brought us the football pools!). It's a busy site and you can sit and watch the high-roller tables (people with £1000+ in their bank balance). That alone is entertainment for me.

Love Late Night Poker - t'is the entertainment of kings :)
Sat 24/09/05 at 18:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I tried downloading 888.com poker but my firewall blocks it. Even after disabling all my internet and windows security it won't have it.

I've downloaded it onto my phone now and have to admit i'm addicted.

PS all you virus creating morons - my security has been re-enabled.
Sat 24/09/05 at 18:01
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'm addicted to poker. Only been playing it for 6-7 months aswell.

www.sportingodds.com is a good site if you want to try it. They have a freeroll on there were you can win money. Usually the top 40 get paid and normally just over 350 people.

I was doing quite good when playing for cash and then started to go downhill. Just play the freerolls now and come 1st once, 2nd twice and finished top 10 loads of times.
Sat 24/09/05 at 01:34
"High polygon count"
I meant in terms of the particular context being discussed - i.e. following a national team in a particular sport! :-)

There's nothing wrong with being happy that a national sports team won something, even if you don't follow the team or the sport on a regular basis.

I don't follow athletics, rowing, archery or shooting, but that doesn't stop me cheering on the GB team at the Olympics.
Sat 24/09/05 at 00:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I don't think people are fickle

I think you just lost all credibility.
Fri 23/09/05 at 22:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Pokeris getting 'popular' because they're putting it on telly. It's cheap TV to make and people enjoy watching it (how, I don't know) but that's my view.
Fri 23/09/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
lcarus wrote:
> Only in real life. You lose a lot with the online version.

Well... Friend of mine is $1000 up over about three months, so you have to be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.