GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC 32 - Fallen Angel"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/09/05 at 22:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
It had been a strange few days, to say the least. When Damon actually took some time out from fiddling with his member through a hole in his pocket, the young scallywag would head outside and survey the damage. Whence returned, Damon would tell Joshua what he’d witnessed, sit back down, and start to play with his aptly named ‘Love Pump’ once again.

If Damon were honest, however, he was never quite too sure of exactly what he’d seen. Joshua, as he always had done, found ignorance to be the best policy of survival. Damon though, preferred to explore the big wide world inside planet earth, not just the big wide world inside of his pants.
Over the past few years, it had come to light that of the two of them, Joshua had more of the old you-know-what in the brain department. Joshua was only one carrot short of a roast dinner, but Damon was short of everything else. Therefore, the far more intelligent thing to do, was for Joshua to leave the old, rusty shed they currently resided in, just once in a while, and have a gander at what was going on.

Damon had once suggested that they ‘make’ some windows.

But Joshua simply sat there, eating the majority of their meagre rations, and pondered on what might had been. He was glad that he’d never tried particularly hard in school, after all, an education was of no use to him now. But he often wished that he’d had a girlfriend to look back on. He wouldn’t have cared if they’d never made sweet love, hell, he wouldn’t mind if they’d never even kissed. He just wanted to remember someone who’d cared about him, that’s all.

Now, more than ever…Joshua missed his mother.

“People are flying out there Josh,” said Damon, returning from another short trip outside. “really, they’re flying,” he continued, in his low, monotonous tone.

Joshua sighed. Sometimes he wished he’d never been bundled with the task of looking after his 17-year-old younger brother. Often he had been tempted to simply run away and never look back, after all, Damon had done nothing but hold him back all his life.

“Are they really, Damon,” Joshua replied, uninterestedly.

“Yeah, really! Come and see!”

“No thanks Damon.”

“No, c’mon! Please Josh! Or I’ll hit you in the face with my Love Pump!” He exclaimed, laughing away.

Joshua growled, but reluctantly agreed to go with him. It was the first time he’d seen the outside world in over two days, but nothing had changed. The sky was as black as the tar he smoked, marked with reams of blood red, that most probably signified that the end was nigh. Fires blazed everywhere, and charred bodies lay strewn all over the ground.

To Joshua's eminent surprise, Damon was right. A new feeling, certainly. Joshua looked up, and watched as people apparently floated high into the sky, soon to disappear out of sight altogether. As Joshua watched on, somewhat amused, Damon began to shout and scream.

“Josh!! Josh, look, I’m flying!”

Joshua twisted around to look at his brother, but there was no one. Then he glanced at the sky.

“Hey Josh! Haha, this is the best thing ever!” His voice grew quieter as he floated further and further away, and Damon suddenly realised that he wasn’t going to be coming back down ever again.

“Josh…? Josh! Why aren’t you coming too!? Fly with me, c’mon Josh!” Tears were forming in Damon’s eyes, after all, he’d never been anywhere on his own before.

Joshua watched on, his sadness ever growing. He kicked violently at a loose rock on the gravel. Even Damon had left him, and now Joshua was truly on his own. As Damon became a small dot in the distance, Joshua sat down, put his head in his hands, and cried for the first time in many years.

After a little while, he wiped his eyes and nose on the back of his torn sleeve, and raised his head to discover that he was in fact currently 50 feet above the ground, and travelling ever higher. His features brightened and a huge grin formed across his features. Slightly against the general laws of physics, he attempted to 'stand,’ punched the air, and screamed out loud.

“F**K YEAH BABY, I’M GOING TO HEAVEN!”

Instantly, he began to fall. He didn’t have time to scream, but fortunately he halted literally inches from the harsh, uninviting ground below, before he began to float upwards again. Joshua regained his breath, and took comfort from the fact that God obviously had a sense of humour.

EDIT - Changed the ending completely because it sucked. So Meka's comment no longer applies either. :P
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:41
Regular
"not dead"
Nice style to this piece, good fun. Didn't like the ending a great deal though.
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:02
Regular
"relocated"
I liked that a lot. It was funny in a malicious kind of way, and it captured something that, now that I think about it, would plague post-apocalyptic society: boredom. Very good.
Thu 22/09/05 at 22:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
It had been a strange few days, to say the least. When Damon actually took some time out from fiddling with his member through a hole in his pocket, the young scallywag would head outside and survey the damage. Whence returned, Damon would tell Joshua what he’d witnessed, sit back down, and start to play with his aptly named ‘Love Pump’ once again.

If Damon were honest, however, he was never quite too sure of exactly what he’d seen. Joshua, as he always had done, found ignorance to be the best policy of survival. Damon though, preferred to explore the big wide world inside planet earth, not just the big wide world inside of his pants.
Over the past few years, it had come to light that of the two of them, Joshua had more of the old you-know-what in the brain department. Joshua was only one carrot short of a roast dinner, but Damon was short of everything else. Therefore, the far more intelligent thing to do, was for Joshua to leave the old, rusty shed they currently resided in, just once in a while, and have a gander at what was going on.

Damon had once suggested that they ‘make’ some windows.

But Joshua simply sat there, eating the majority of their meagre rations, and pondered on what might had been. He was glad that he’d never tried particularly hard in school, after all, an education was of no use to him now. But he often wished that he’d had a girlfriend to look back on. He wouldn’t have cared if they’d never made sweet love, hell, he wouldn’t mind if they’d never even kissed. He just wanted to remember someone who’d cared about him, that’s all.

Now, more than ever…Joshua missed his mother.

“People are flying out there Josh,” said Damon, returning from another short trip outside. “really, they’re flying,” he continued, in his low, monotonous tone.

Joshua sighed. Sometimes he wished he’d never been bundled with the task of looking after his 17-year-old younger brother. Often he had been tempted to simply run away and never look back, after all, Damon had done nothing but hold him back all his life.

“Are they really, Damon,” Joshua replied, uninterestedly.

“Yeah, really! Come and see!”

“No thanks Damon.”

“No, c’mon! Please Josh! Or I’ll hit you in the face with my Love Pump!” He exclaimed, laughing away.

Joshua growled, but reluctantly agreed to go with him. It was the first time he’d seen the outside world in over two days, but nothing had changed. The sky was as black as the tar he smoked, marked with reams of blood red, that most probably signified that the end was nigh. Fires blazed everywhere, and charred bodies lay strewn all over the ground.

To Joshua's eminent surprise, Damon was right. A new feeling, certainly. Joshua looked up, and watched as people apparently floated high into the sky, soon to disappear out of sight altogether. As Joshua watched on, somewhat amused, Damon began to shout and scream.

“Josh!! Josh, look, I’m flying!”

Joshua twisted around to look at his brother, but there was no one. Then he glanced at the sky.

“Hey Josh! Haha, this is the best thing ever!” His voice grew quieter as he floated further and further away, and Damon suddenly realised that he wasn’t going to be coming back down ever again.

“Josh…? Josh! Why aren’t you coming too!? Fly with me, c’mon Josh!” Tears were forming in Damon’s eyes, after all, he’d never been anywhere on his own before.

Joshua watched on, his sadness ever growing. He kicked violently at a loose rock on the gravel. Even Damon had left him, and now Joshua was truly on his own. As Damon became a small dot in the distance, Joshua sat down, put his head in his hands, and cried for the first time in many years.

After a little while, he wiped his eyes and nose on the back of his torn sleeve, and raised his head to discover that he was in fact currently 50 feet above the ground, and travelling ever higher. His features brightened and a huge grin formed across his features. Slightly against the general laws of physics, he attempted to 'stand,’ punched the air, and screamed out loud.

“F**K YEAH BABY, I’M GOING TO HEAVEN!”

Instantly, he began to fall. He didn’t have time to scream, but fortunately he halted literally inches from the harsh, uninviting ground below, before he began to float upwards again. Joshua regained his breath, and took comfort from the fact that God obviously had a sense of humour.

EDIT - Changed the ending completely because it sucked. So Meka's comment no longer applies either. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.