GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC 32:"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/09/05 at 18:25
Regular
"For One Night Only"
"I can't believe I'm here having a drink with you," I said to her as she sipped her white wine, her eyes never leaving mine.

"And why's that?" she retorted.

I sniggered.

I didn't need to answer, she already knew it. Two years had been now, and I'd never actually said the words "Will you go out with me?". I'd said stuff along the lines of "You wannna grab a drink some time, maybe?" She'd even agreed... But they never happened. Why hadn't they happened?

Old memories, still as fresh as they had seemed when they were first in action would flood back from time to time. There were those memories that made me smile, others that made me put a hand to head "Did I really do that?" I'd ask myself.

Yet here I was, a cigar in one hand, a glass of Chardonnay in the other; opposite me the most beautiful girl (Bianca Willis) in the world. I could die happy.

"I'm gonna nip to the toilet" she said.

Minutes passed. Faces glanced by every now and again. The barman came to collect an empty glass from my table at some point. Ten minutes had gone. That woman went in the bathroom, after she did, I know she did.

"I'm back", she said, at long last, sitting back opposite me. It wasn't her. It can't have been. No, that's right. I never did manage to go out with her, did I. Ofcourse I couldn't believe I was here having a drink with her. I was now sat opposite my old cooking teacher from secondary school. The one who called me "A useless dollop of nothing on the face of my food!" she shouted suddenly. Food? Did we even order? This was going to be a night I'd rather forget and probabaly regret the following day. So I downed my drink, which had no become a Fizzing Apocalypse. They make a good Fizzing Apocalypse at the Smiling Lawyer.

I did regret it the next day. The date had actually happened, and Bianca was furious. That was a good Apocaloypse, though. Did I mention they make a good Fizzing Apocalypse at the Smiling Lawyer?
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:43
Regular
"not dead"
It confused me too. It wasn't going too badly, wondered when the apocalypse was coming, then it weirded out on me!
Fri 23/09/05 at 22:57
Regular
"relocated"
Intriguing, then surreal. I'm not sure I understood what was going on towards the end. Was Bianca the cooking teacher?
Fri 23/09/05 at 13:07
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I got bored :(
Thu 22/09/05 at 21:06
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Kind of imploded there at the end. Or was that the point...(?)
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:25
Regular
"For One Night Only"
"I can't believe I'm here having a drink with you," I said to her as she sipped her white wine, her eyes never leaving mine.

"And why's that?" she retorted.

I sniggered.

I didn't need to answer, she already knew it. Two years had been now, and I'd never actually said the words "Will you go out with me?". I'd said stuff along the lines of "You wannna grab a drink some time, maybe?" She'd even agreed... But they never happened. Why hadn't they happened?

Old memories, still as fresh as they had seemed when they were first in action would flood back from time to time. There were those memories that made me smile, others that made me put a hand to head "Did I really do that?" I'd ask myself.

Yet here I was, a cigar in one hand, a glass of Chardonnay in the other; opposite me the most beautiful girl (Bianca Willis) in the world. I could die happy.

"I'm gonna nip to the toilet" she said.

Minutes passed. Faces glanced by every now and again. The barman came to collect an empty glass from my table at some point. Ten minutes had gone. That woman went in the bathroom, after she did, I know she did.

"I'm back", she said, at long last, sitting back opposite me. It wasn't her. It can't have been. No, that's right. I never did manage to go out with her, did I. Ofcourse I couldn't believe I was here having a drink with her. I was now sat opposite my old cooking teacher from secondary school. The one who called me "A useless dollop of nothing on the face of my food!" she shouted suddenly. Food? Did we even order? This was going to be a night I'd rather forget and probabaly regret the following day. So I downed my drink, which had no become a Fizzing Apocalypse. They make a good Fizzing Apocalypse at the Smiling Lawyer.

I did regret it the next day. The date had actually happened, and Bianca was furious. That was a good Apocaloypse, though. Did I mention they make a good Fizzing Apocalypse at the Smiling Lawyer?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.