GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playing football..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/09/05 at 18:12
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm sure there are quite a few people on here that play footie regularly, and may recognise this problem.

Basically, I bought a pair of boots last year on Aliboy's reccomendation (and the fact that they were the only football showes available in size 12) and they were all good. I stick them on this season, and there's one stud on my right foots (left side, on the ball of the foot). And that single stud doesn't seem to want to actually do its job and go into the ground. It seems to stick into my foot more and more every time I take a step.

Admitedly, the boots are soft-ground boots ( [URL]http://www.boot-room.com/images/timepo_premier.jpg[/URL] style studs) and the gorund these days is amazingly soft, but I'm sure there must be something I can do to make that single stud sink into the ground more...

Thenkew!
Fri 23/09/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Green & White Army"
They are simply called gel pads. Enjoy playing soccerball.
Fri 23/09/05 at 10:03
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Breast enhancements I think?
Thu 22/09/05 at 22:07
"slightlyshortertagl"
So, I'll.. er... go to Morrisons a nd ask for 'gel things'? :P

Any indication as to what they're actually called? :) :P
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:25
Regular
"Green & White Army"
ßìgGíË Li††lÊ Jn® wrote:
> They're not as bad as blades though. Managers like Alan pardrew and
> Neil Warnock have beanned them at their club due to the blades having
> such good grip that when they dig into the turf they won't come out
> and when you try to turn and run you twist your ankle.

I stopped wearing my newish blades the other week after watching Watchdog where some fella got tackled and it actually tore his calf clean out of his leg.It wasn't pleasent. So it's back to the old boots for me.

Oh and those gel things Foreman suggested work wonders.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:19
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I had the same problem and was getting hard skin on the bottom of my foot. I bought some gel things from Morrisons for a fiver. You just place it inside your boots.

Works fine for me.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:26
"LOLLERSKATES!"
They're not as bad as blades though. Managers like Alan pardrew and Neil Warnock have beanned them at their club due to the blades having such good grip that when they dig into the turf they won't come out and when you try to turn and run you twist your ankle.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:20
"slightlyshortertagl"
TO be honest, I don't see the point...

I play for the school, and I'm hardly ever on the 3rd team, and even then I'm a sub if I'm lucky... So I don't see the point in buying new boots just because the ground's too hard.

Anyway, where's all that wet winter weather we've all gotten so used to?
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:14
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I'd pin it on the ground being too hard. You should get some mouldies anyway.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:12
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm sure there are quite a few people on here that play footie regularly, and may recognise this problem.

Basically, I bought a pair of boots last year on Aliboy's reccomendation (and the fact that they were the only football showes available in size 12) and they were all good. I stick them on this season, and there's one stud on my right foots (left side, on the ball of the foot). And that single stud doesn't seem to want to actually do its job and go into the ground. It seems to stick into my foot more and more every time I take a step.

Admitedly, the boots are soft-ground boots ( [URL]http://www.boot-room.com/images/timepo_premier.jpg[/URL] style studs) and the gorund these days is amazingly soft, but I'm sure there must be something I can do to make that single stud sink into the ground more...

Thenkew!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.