GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RAID fly spray makes insects more intelligent"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/09/05 at 17:06
"High polygon count"
Over the last few weeks, we've had 6 flies and 2 wasps in our bathroom. All came in through the window, none could find their way out.

Spray the room with RAID, shut the door, go back 30 minutes later...

No sign of any dead insects. They've obviously found their way out through the window.

Proof (Brainiac style) that RAID fly spray makes insects more intelligent.

At least for the last few minutes of their lives.
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:09
"High polygon count"
gamesfreak wrote:
> I think you're actually meant to actually spray the insect in question
> directly, instead of just fumigating the room.

You can do it either way. If an insect is 'settled' you can spray directly for quickest effect. Otherwise, you spray into a room and close doors and windows.
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Chipseh wrote:
> Of course you get Mosquitoes in the UK, Twain, you numpty.

Ahhh! At last somone who agrees with me! Thanks!
Anyway night all, I'm off!
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:06
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Twain wrote:

> You don't get mosquitos over here. They're bloody
> gnats/midges/thunder flies/whatever else they get called. But not
> mosquitos!

Of course you get Mosquitoes in the UK, Twain, you numpty.
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Twain wrote:
> I don't know how many people I've said this to:
>
> You don't get mosquitos over here. They're bloody
> gnats/midges/thunder flies/whatever else they get called. But not
> mosquitos!

I know one when i see one! Of course you get them here, I saw 3 last night screeching around....Gnats are just nothing compared to mosquitos!
Thu 22/09/05 at 20:27
Regular
"Mozzy"
When I spray RAID on a fly it goes loony for a while and then my dog eats it.
Thu 22/09/05 at 20:21
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Chavez XVI wrote:
> mosquitos

I don't know how many people I've said this to:

You don't get mosquitos over here. They're bloody gnats/midges/thunder flies/whatever else they get called. But not mosquitos!
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:37
Regular
'Daddy Longlegs' :D, they're called Craneflys ... you're not little girls anymore

Anywhom, I'm surprised you've been keeping tabs on the insects in the bathroom. Every week or so we get a wasp, sometimes bees and nearly always flies. Recently Craneflys have become more of a pest though.

To kill them I tend to just hit them with a newspaper, or try and open the window to let them out. If it's a wasp I close the door and hope it suffocates.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:48
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
We have blue bottles, fruit flys, mosquitos, daddy longlegs, wasps, and many more.... All you need is two thin magazines then you can kill them easily. These sprays are just chemicals, they cant be to good for you,
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:07
"slightlyshortertagl"
I heard spraying insects with Deep Heat makes them go loony,

as well as putting half an Extacy into a sea-monkeys thingy, makes them go absolutely mental.
Thu 22/09/05 at 17:37
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Oh, Crossbob...

Kidding!

Maybe it's the fact that they panicked, and an insect adrenaline thing got them out?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.