GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chat Rooms or Forums! Whats better???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 16:18
Regular
I used to always go on chat rooms. All the time, on MSN. But I got bored of them, all they ever have on them is people say "Pres 999 to chat to a cute guy!!!" It's stupid.

But then came my SR catalouge through the door. I opened it up and skiped a few pages, then I came to the club news page. Where it metioned UKdiscussions.com. I went on it when I got home from school and how I was amazed. It's brilliant.

There much better than chat rooms as there more sensible and people undersdand you. I now always go on UKdiscussions.

I was just wondering if any way feels this way or even the oppisite, please leave a message.

Jas
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:27
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Sr has the best forums anywhere. Its so clear compared with stuff like Daily Radar.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Everyone on MSN are always trying to pull. I hate that. So I came up with a plan. Everyone that trys to pull end up being copied by me. They get frustrated and swear and get kicked out so VICTORY is MINE! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Chatrooms- 6 out of 10
Forums- 9 out of 10
MSN Messenger- 10 (because you can speak to who you want, when you want)

Forums are much, much better than chatrooms though. I only went on the SR chatroom once, didn't rate it very much.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:23
Regular
"You've upset me"
I prefer these forums.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
I hate chatrooms - all you get are loads of poorly thought out messages, repeated messages, none of which can be avoided.

If you want a reasonably (!) sensible discussion, then in my opinion, forums are a much better place.

Parents might also consider them "safer", since they are not in real time (as such).
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:23
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Grix do you mean on SR, or have you personlly been on a chatroom?
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:20
Regular
Yeah, we tried having a chatroom for a month or so, but it seemed pointless to most people, so we left it.

Yeah, this is much better. :0)
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:18
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I used to always go on chat rooms. All the time, on MSN. But I got bored of them, all they ever have on them is people say "Pres 999 to chat to a cute guy!!!" It's stupid.

But then came my SR catalouge through the door. I opened it up and skiped a few pages, then I came to the club news page. Where it metioned UKdiscussions.com. I went on it when I got home from school and how I was amazed. It's brilliant.

There much better than chat rooms as there more sensible and people undersdand you. I now always go on UKdiscussions.

I was just wondering if any way feels this way or even the oppisite, please leave a message.

Jas

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.