GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Hassan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/09/05 at 10:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well finally the offensive gimmick meister has been released from the WWE, about time to. What's even better is that he doesn't seem interested in wrestling and is going to Hollywood to try and pursue an acting career, so as long as i stay away from the straight to DVD section i won't have to see him again.

In better news Daivari is still in OVW so we may get to see him again, hopefully with a different non evil foreigner gimmick, without being held down by the crap fest that was Hassan.

Good riddance Hassan *does a merry jig*
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:07
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I have watched it in the past and it is far far superior to the WWE cruiserweight/light heaveyweight division was/is.

Vince could do worse than taking note of it to overhaul his division which, lets face it, is in desperate need of it.
Sat 24/09/05 at 13:26
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> The Wardy wrote:
>
> I would have liked to see Daivari in the Cruiserweight Division but
> considering that the Cruiserweight Division becomes less and less
> important every week who knows!
>
> Me too I really don't know why they have neglected it so badly.
> However with Jamie Knoble and Spanky being resigned hopefully they
> are doing something about it.

Who cares? Watch the X Division baby!
Sat 24/09/05 at 12:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Wardy wrote:

> I would have liked to see Daivari in the Cruiserweight Division but
> considering that the Cruiserweight Division becomes less and less
> important every week who knows!

Me too I really don't know why they have neglected it so badly. However with Jamie Knoble and Spanky being resigned hopefully they are doing something about it.
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:52
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Smedlos wrote:

> Anyway Divari is apparently a good solid wrestler and big things are
> planned if/when he gets another hopefully better character to portray
> that he can really get stuck into without any issues attached to him
> before he even gets in the ring. Let's face it, the character
> couldn't be any worse!

I would have liked to see Daivari in the Cruiserweight Division but considering that the Cruiserweight Division becomes less and less important every week who knows!
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Ant wrote:

> What's most disappointing is that, had they curbed their enthusiasm
> slightly and not gone so over the top, Hassan's character could have
> been far less offensive and far more clever. He could've made the
> occasional sly jibe toward the USA, but instead they went for the
> all-out, gung-ho racism. Considering I thought he was a promising
> wrestler with a great look and great promo ability, it's a shame his
> character was ruined.

Yes they could have made this angle a lot more sensitive instead of totally in your face and it could have worked really well. The point they were trying to make with the character is how unfairly attitudes to Muslims have changed over the past 4 years due to a very small minority of radicals but as the WWE usually do with sensitive issues they got it completely wrong.

When I went to Nottingham Arena to see the RAW tour last time Hassan and Divari came to the ring and went on for ages before the match even started, no doubt the powers that be in the WWE made them do it and all that they wanted to do was to get down to doing what they're paid for - wrestling, not bleating on about racism, prejudice and unfairness.

Hassan is now trying to make his mark in Hollywood as an actor and good luck to him. As I understand it he was supposed to go to OVW along with Divari to keep them ticking over until a new character could be created for them. As it turned out Divari turned up but Hassan didn't and him and the WWE are now parted company so it makes you wonder whether Hassan even wanted to be a wrestler or not and whether he was just using the WWE to make himself known before embarking on an acting career?

Anyway Divari is apparently a good solid wrestler and big things are planned if/when he gets another hopefully better character to portray that he can really get stuck into without any issues attached to him before he even gets in the ring. Let's face it, the character couldn't be any worse!
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmm, well, he was always in for it. After all, can you expect the WWE to come up with 2 different gimmicks for someone!?

What's most disappointing is that, had they curbed their enthusiasm slightly and not gone so over the top, Hassan's character could have been far less offensive and far more clever. He could've made the occasional sly jibe toward the USA, but instead they went for the all-out, gung-ho racism. Considering I thought he was a promising wrestler with a great look and great promo ability, it's a shame his character was ruined.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:14
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Apparently he wasn't that committed to wrestling and many thought he was using it as a springboard to a film career. Divari is apparently well liked and is a good solid wrestler and as the original post says it's likely he will return to TV once an opportunity comes up for him to become another character.
Thu 22/09/05 at 16:21
Regular
I never really had a problem with him as such, but whatever zealot came up with that angle. I expect he was much in the situation of "well, I'd better do what they say as I'm new here and don't want to get fired". Or he could've made the gimmick up himself and is therefore a fool.
Thu 22/09/05 at 10:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well finally the offensive gimmick meister has been released from the WWE, about time to. What's even better is that he doesn't seem interested in wrestling and is going to Hollywood to try and pursue an acting career, so as long as i stay away from the straight to DVD section i won't have to see him again.

In better news Daivari is still in OVW so we may get to see him again, hopefully with a different non evil foreigner gimmick, without being held down by the crap fest that was Hassan.

Good riddance Hassan *does a merry jig*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.