GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/09/05 at 20:53
Regular
"That's right!"
Yesterday, while on the way home, I got a call from my doc at the RVI hospital saying something about some levels from my liver being up four times to what they were after my first blood test (not a good sign) and that I needed to go in ASAP for another test.

He said it could be the antibiotics I was on, or the roaccutane I'm currently on... I asked if it was possibly the three pints I'd had the night before I had the blood test... Oops.

So I went down for another blood test this morning. I've had a different person do it each time, the first was a big bloke who laughed when I asked if I should sit down for a bit after having it taken.

The second was a nice lady who asked if I was allergic to plasters (I didn't know you could be...) before sticking it on (the bloke just selotaped the cotton bud to my arm, the bar-steward) but today it was a woman who made such a fuss over me I thought I was going to die.

She genuinely had me worried, after all this was a blood test for something to do with my liver, not what they were looking at the first times, maybe they would need more blood? She was counting down when she was going to put it in, like I needed to brace myself... what the heck was she doing? Pulling a pint's worth?

She said I had good veins, and that's the strangest compliment I've ever had. Good veins, but they'll move around too much, and she'd have to clamp them down... What?! What's she doing to my precious left arm, the one which entertains me at night? Is she hacking it off?

Nope, looked down, it was the same as usual, two very small bottles. I'm 21 and she's treating me like a kid (though I didn't get a lollipop...)

So a reminder, kids, if you're about to have a blood test, stay off the liquer, it'll only cause more problems (so will having breakfast then going all the way down there only to be told "Oh, you have to be fasting, come back tomorrow morning without eating anything from midnight until when you come in")

Oops.
Wed 21/09/05 at 10:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
That made me laugh out loud. Thanks.
Wed 21/09/05 at 10:45
Regular
I ate an entire tin of condensed milk (mmmmmmm) before a blood test once.
Strangely, my results were normal.
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:47
"Tesco value"
No good enough.

You should be banned you sick piece of filth
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:44
I didn't actually read the post, sorry
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:42
"Tesco value"
If you give blood to be used in transfusions they will take a pint.

for a blood test, depending on what they're checking for they wont take more than 9 cc
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:37
"pulling a pint's worth"

Do they not usually take out a pint?
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:36
"Tesco value"
I would guess at it being the Roaccutane raising the AST and ALT enzymes in your blood.

I think you have to have blood tests to see if your liver is capable of accepting Roaccutane as it is a very powerful drug and the works the liver very hard trying to remove it from your blood stream.

Is it Lipids they are testing for?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think the pints had much to do with it, although it wouldn't help the already stressed liver.

The liver is the most regenitive organ in the body, it will heal itself very quick, but will need monitoring.

So either the alcohol will have to cease or the Roaccutane.

It's mostly Vitimin A isn't it... a good multivitamin will help, taken with C and E should the worse come to it and you have to be taken off of it.
Tue 20/09/05 at 21:05
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I get a lollipop after having a blood test :s
Tue 20/09/05 at 21:03
Regular
"That's right!"
I'll remember that one, monkers.
Tue 20/09/05 at 20:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
They found blood in your alcohol stream?

ahahaha hyuk hyuk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.