GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Of course, you know what a really good album is, don't you?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/09/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Verve - "Urban Hymns"

It's *amazing*, I don't know why I haven't listened to it so closely before. I knew it was good, and I've got a few of their other albums, but this is so well produced, well written, really inventive - Nick McCabe is a genius, and I don't know who their drummer is, but he'd really good too. Most of all there are some great songs - not pop or rock - songs, like we used to get before everything sounded the same.

Oddly though, I don't like Bittersweet Symphony, which was their biggest track. The rest I could listen to for hours.
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I went to the same school as The Verve. Little known fact.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:19
Regular
"The Red Shift"
UH is an awesome album. No doubting it. It's one of the best ever. My top 10 certainly.

Takk is giving me the same amazing sense of effort and orchestration that UH gave me, at the moment.
Wed 21/09/05 at 19:25
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
It was a shame The Verve split up as they could have been one of the greatest bands ever. Richard Ashcroft is still good solo though.
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:19
I prefer Urban Hymns for Sonnet and Lucky Man, but do rather love History as well
Wed 21/09/05 at 13:56
Regular
"..."
Hmm, out of the three Verve albums I own, 'Urban Hymns' is probably my least favourite, it certainly represents a sell-out. They where much more cutting edge back in the days of 'A Storm In Heaven'. The track 'History' deserves your attention much more than anything post ...'symphony'.
Wed 21/09/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Because, in my opinion (don't want to spark a war here) they aren't the greatest bands I've ever heard.
Wed 21/09/05 at 12:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Coatsy wrote:
> Well I don't listen to any of them! :)

So why post "I hope that's a joke"?
Wed 21/09/05 at 12:30
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I'd personally listen to Ozrics over The Music or The Verve

Well I don't listen to any of them! :)
Wed 21/09/05 at 12:05
Regular
How odd.

I came back from the Freshers Fayre thing with an urge to listen to The Verve, then, during this listening session, I stumbled across this post.

Coincidence? I think not.
Wed 21/09/05 at 11:52
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Urban Hymns is fantastic. You've got to love The Drugs Don't Work...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.