GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Updates"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 14:16
Regular
One thing sony should start thinking about is the ability to have games that can be updated using the Internet. With the introduction of the hard disk updates could be downloaded of the net then stored on the hard disk( or memory cards). Then when you load the game it checks( just like loading a saved game from a memory card) if there are updates to load. just imagine new tracks to play. Extra levles, more characters, fixed bugs. It would be the start of "complete" games. You could download new characters for WWF games, extra weapons/levels/ enemies for games like metal gear solid.

This is just an idea but hopefully it will become reality. Let me know what you think.
Tue 27/10/09 at 07:24
Regular
"GONE FISHIN"
1st A. Wall 19lb 6oz
Joint 2nd P. Stone & A. Starkey 18lb 4oz
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
How about a 6ft tall dummy which you can beat the hell out of for all thoseboxing/ fighting games. Or a steering wheel with a clutch pedal and proper gear changer(i've been wanting one of thoose for ages) it would make driving games feel that bit more realistic and with GT3 not to far away would be just the thing to make the PS2 stand out from the crown (I know its already the best but this might make it better)
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Back For Good"
I hope they don't need patches, but i'm looking forward to the add on's

like playing cartman in quake or somming haha
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You shouldn't need to patch a game. If the game makers do their jobs properly, you wouldn't need patches.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
PC games dont need to be programmed well. I read that about 1MB of code for a PC game actually turns out to be a few hundred Kilobytes of code that is used. The rest is just waste code that does nothing. The company can just put the spec of the PC up and nobody will notice the difference.

With consoles they have to program it as best they can any unwanted code will slow the game down e.t.c.

I hope that you will be able to download extra levels e.t.c. but patches should never been allowed for consoles as developers will get slack and not bother fixing things before release.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:30
Regular
The camera is screwed, you can drop the little people in the water and they act like they are drwoning, when you lift them up and put them on dry land they still act like they are drowning, doh!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Sounds like they dropped the ball severly with that game. Was there any reason to rush it?
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:23
"High polygon count"
It is - apparently - riddled with bugs that ruin the game. There has been a patch released (I think) but the game as it was released seems like little more than an advanced beta version.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Why what was wrong with Black and White because I don't have the game?
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:17
"High polygon count"
Don't mention that game in front of Goatboy! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.