GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last night's cybernet"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 13:50
Regular
This week's Cybernet had some more info on E3,

The gamecube was there and to be honest that Luigi's mansion looks fair good for a laugh.Kind of a devil may cry spoof but collecting coins out a toilet haha.The pad looks quite good actually with the analog really small which i have to say is a really neat idea and is probably easy to use.don't know if it has the awsome dual shock and all analog buttons though.I liked the small discs, they look like the 8cm ones.

The Xbox was there with some Microsoft chum blabbering about the "amazing" specs but people it's a big bulky box with a control pad that has just ripped off everything made before it,(that's microsoft for you) The graphics were ok but not what everyone's was expecting them to be,they may be still in devolopment but still they're not very good. They reminded me of the PC's graphics,They must be made on the same or a similar engine. Munch's Oddysee wasn't that sharp and jerked and oh man so did microsoft's train simuator BADLY.

Don't believe me if you recorded it, go back and have a closer look or watch the repeat later in the week.

and Yes the Playstation 2,Silent Hill 2 is looking better everytime i see it and as for MGS2 we all know that ones's a winner.Looks like the PS2 will be the Exceptional console to own!!!

Buzzin!!!!!!!
Tue 27/10/09 at 07:23
Regular
"GONE FISHIN"
1st Don Slaymaker 30lb 4oz

2nd Matt Whiston 12lb 12oz

3rd Andy Mason 12lb
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I also agree that the PS2 will be the pick of the bunch for the next generation consoles, with the amount of promising titles its sure to be a great buy if not the best buy. It should be good though to see what comes of the X-box, for starters how good can hardware made by microsoft be( there software seems to be everywhere but the amount of bugs that get discovered in these is unbelievable). And what about the game cube? Sony seemed to beat the nintendo down last time round, will it happen again?
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
Think I saw this episode last saturday on the sci fi channel - It struck me how jerkey the Microsoft Train sim looked and Oddworld looks no better than it did originally on PS2!!
I dont think we have anything to worry about - Im quite sure that the PS2 will win the battle of the next gen consoles!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:21
There was a feature on Ex Machina on .tv as well last week. It has to be said that the X-Box version of DOA looked sweet, as did Rogue Squadron 2 on the GameCube. I thought it amusing that the consoles are going to be released around the same time in the US. Bizarrely, I think this is good news for Sony.
Thu 07/06/01 at 13:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
This week's Cybernet had some more info on E3,

The gamecube was there and to be honest that Luigi's mansion looks fair good for a laugh.Kind of a devil may cry spoof but collecting coins out a toilet haha.The pad looks quite good actually with the analog really small which i have to say is a really neat idea and is probably easy to use.don't know if it has the awsome dual shock and all analog buttons though.I liked the small discs, they look like the 8cm ones.

The Xbox was there with some Microsoft chum blabbering about the "amazing" specs but people it's a big bulky box with a control pad that has just ripped off everything made before it,(that's microsoft for you) The graphics were ok but not what everyone's was expecting them to be,they may be still in devolopment but still they're not very good. They reminded me of the PC's graphics,They must be made on the same or a similar engine. Munch's Oddysee wasn't that sharp and jerked and oh man so did microsoft's train simuator BADLY.

Don't believe me if you recorded it, go back and have a closer look or watch the repeat later in the week.

and Yes the Playstation 2,Silent Hill 2 is looking better everytime i see it and as for MGS2 we all know that ones's a winner.Looks like the PS2 will be the Exceptional console to own!!!

Buzzin!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.