GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Images with transparent backgrounds..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/09/05 at 18:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Making some images - just text with a transparent background to put on a webpage.

Using fireworks I've got the images ok but when they appear on the site there are some visable white areas around parts of the text.
Is it possible to get rid of these easily or am I going to have to redo the images with a fixed background to match the background on the site?

Thanks in advance.
Mon 19/09/05 at 18:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Making some images - just text with a transparent background to put on a webpage.

Using fireworks I've got the images ok but when they appear on the site there are some visable white areas around parts of the text.
Is it possible to get rid of these easily or am I going to have to redo the images with a fixed background to match the background on the site?

Thanks in advance.
Mon 19/09/05 at 18:34
Regular
Transparent backgrounds always look shoddy, no matter how much you try to make the edges smooth etc.

I'd take option B.
Mon 19/09/05 at 18:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I thought that might be the case so I decided to try option b which seems to be working alright so far, just takes a bit of trial and error to make it look ok.
Mon 19/09/05 at 19:04
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Use Alpha PNG's and use the CSS/JS Image swap with the PNGs for GIF's for non supporting browsers.
Mon 19/09/05 at 19:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I've used this hack a number of times

[URL]http://www.alistapart.com/articles/pngopacity/[/URL]
Mon 19/09/05 at 19:09
Regular
"the burning sky"
Layering in Photoshop makes it oh so easy...
Mon 19/09/05 at 19:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tomm wrote:
> Layering in Photoshop makes it oh so easy...

Apart from when you try to get them displayed in a browser, that has zero to do with photoshop.

[edit] or are you talking about the fixed background?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.