GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Fly Emirates moment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/09/05 at 08:33
Regular
You know that Emirates ad? The one with "We all speak the same language - Football", and shows that guy in Dubai or the two Japanese guys interrupting an Italy match?

On my holiday (in the Maldives), I was in the island resturant one lunch time on my own, for my parents were sunbathing, when a waiter hailed me.

"Liverpool!" he shouted. This was probably because I was wearing an Owen 10 shirt from about 4 seasons ago.

"Yes, Liverpool." I agreed. This seemed to confuse him, for he went silent for a while and I thought about discreetly sidling off to investigate the salads.

"Cisse!" he then shouted. This amused me.

"You support Liverpool?" I asked.

"Cisse." he confirmed.

"Yes, Cisse. Not Crouch?" I ventured into a conversation, only wanting my salads.

"Cisse."

"Excellent. Well, I'm hungry..."

"Me - Manchester United!" He wasn't Manchester, but I assumed he was saying he supporting Man Utd. I congratulated him.

"Cisse 3 goal Henry!" he told me. This confused me. Was he perhaps saying Cisse had scored 3 goals against Tottenham? I was later to find out it was another Rafa textbook 0-0, but hope was arisen within me.

"Cisse."

I shook his hand and headed for my salads, thinking I'd never understand him.

A few days later I was walking back from the gym via the staff side of the island because I wanted to see the reef there, and I saw this guy and about 25 of his mates playing football on the beach. So I went over, to a cry of "Cisse!". I think his mates didn't even speak that much English, but they seemed to accept I had some connection with Cisse, or possibly even that I was Cisse, ignoring the barriers of time, space and race.

So I played beach football with them. They were quite good, actually, but seemed to love the long ball tactic, which would then cause them to run wildly after the ball. All of them. And they all had European football shirts. 1 even had a Real Betis shirt (An attempt to start a Champions League conversation went "Betis?"..."Joaquin?".."Excellent"). I didn't score, but I made a quality assist for my Cisse friend and we won 2-1.

So yeah, Fly Emirates moment which I enjoyed. I even flew Emirates on the way back.

And that's it from me, I must now unpack, wash, repack and head off to Barcelona. Barca/Valencia match report when I get back in October.

Erm, hope you're all well. The only football I've seen in two weeks was a glimpse of Defoe missing a penalty, but it was bad quality and I didn't even know who it was against. Probably Liverpool. Bet Sissoko used Finnan as a club to bring Davids down in the area.
Wed 21/09/05 at 10:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Which is why I never wear red. Not because I'll get knived, but because it's the colour of the enemy.
Tue 20/09/05 at 21:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, you'd think that logic would work. But walking down Argyle Street at any time in anything that looks remotely like a Rangers or Celtic top could be quite problematic.

All you need is some drugged up psychopath with a knife (of which our town centre contains many) to see a football strip with green and white on it and you = stab stab stab.
Tue 20/09/05 at 21:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But Celtic is hooped, isn't it? Betis have vertical stripes. And the third kit is all green, looks pretty nice.
Tue 20/09/05 at 20:19
First, of course!

I was tempted as well, but it would look like a Celtic strip and I'd get knifed.

Went for Atletico instead
Tue 20/09/05 at 20:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm considering the purchase of a Betis shirt, but they're very expensive and I'm not sure if the lettering is still crap. And then I have to decide whether to get the first or third shirt...
Mon 19/09/05 at 16:38
Regular
"Mozzy"
Myabe he was calling you a Sissy.

:P
Mon 19/09/05 at 12:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The Defoe penalty miss was against Aston Villa, I think.

Cisse! Ahaha.
Mon 19/09/05 at 08:33
Regular
You know that Emirates ad? The one with "We all speak the same language - Football", and shows that guy in Dubai or the two Japanese guys interrupting an Italy match?

On my holiday (in the Maldives), I was in the island resturant one lunch time on my own, for my parents were sunbathing, when a waiter hailed me.

"Liverpool!" he shouted. This was probably because I was wearing an Owen 10 shirt from about 4 seasons ago.

"Yes, Liverpool." I agreed. This seemed to confuse him, for he went silent for a while and I thought about discreetly sidling off to investigate the salads.

"Cisse!" he then shouted. This amused me.

"You support Liverpool?" I asked.

"Cisse." he confirmed.

"Yes, Cisse. Not Crouch?" I ventured into a conversation, only wanting my salads.

"Cisse."

"Excellent. Well, I'm hungry..."

"Me - Manchester United!" He wasn't Manchester, but I assumed he was saying he supporting Man Utd. I congratulated him.

"Cisse 3 goal Henry!" he told me. This confused me. Was he perhaps saying Cisse had scored 3 goals against Tottenham? I was later to find out it was another Rafa textbook 0-0, but hope was arisen within me.

"Cisse."

I shook his hand and headed for my salads, thinking I'd never understand him.

A few days later I was walking back from the gym via the staff side of the island because I wanted to see the reef there, and I saw this guy and about 25 of his mates playing football on the beach. So I went over, to a cry of "Cisse!". I think his mates didn't even speak that much English, but they seemed to accept I had some connection with Cisse, or possibly even that I was Cisse, ignoring the barriers of time, space and race.

So I played beach football with them. They were quite good, actually, but seemed to love the long ball tactic, which would then cause them to run wildly after the ball. All of them. And they all had European football shirts. 1 even had a Real Betis shirt (An attempt to start a Champions League conversation went "Betis?"..."Joaquin?".."Excellent"). I didn't score, but I made a quality assist for my Cisse friend and we won 2-1.

So yeah, Fly Emirates moment which I enjoyed. I even flew Emirates on the way back.

And that's it from me, I must now unpack, wash, repack and head off to Barcelona. Barca/Valencia match report when I get back in October.

Erm, hope you're all well. The only football I've seen in two weeks was a glimpse of Defoe missing a penalty, but it was bad quality and I didn't even know who it was against. Probably Liverpool. Bet Sissoko used Finnan as a club to bring Davids down in the area.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.