GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC 32: End of the line."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 22:34
Regular
Dear Diary.

I'm just one guy fighting for survival. Where I am? Who knows. Long since the days when you could walk down a street and call it part of London. I only know fear now. The fear keeps me going but I don't really want to live like this anymore.

Humanity has been devoured by fate but the animal kingdom has spread like wild fire and packs of wolves roam the cities at night. Society broke down and I am to blame for it. Why? I can't tell you. It has taken all my strength just to force the thought to the back of my mind but the guilt is eating me up from the inside, feasting on my soul.

I think I am the last one left. The last person i saw was being torn to pieces by ferocious Jackals even though there wasn't much meat on him.......

I can't go on like this.... It's all just too much. I only want someone to talk to. I break into a run and leap over the side of a nearby bridge.

As I lay down on the river bank I looked up and saw some old fool running from Old London to the crumbling bridge. He leapt up on to the side with the agility of a much younger man. I tried to call out to him but he lost his footing and fell. A second before he hit the ground he saw me. And a wave of horror bubbled onto his face. he hit the water with a sickening splash and was taken under into the murky depths.
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:04
Regular
"relocated"
An interesting premise - 'it was all my fault' - but it didn't really go anywhere. I liked the wolves though.
Thu 22/09/05 at 22:16
Regular
I know. I found the topic really difficult.
Thu 22/09/05 at 21:56
Regular
"not dead"
What's there isn't bad, but it reads like more of an extract than a stand-alone piece.
Thu 22/09/05 at 12:26
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
and then what.... ?

BG seems to have the comments covered.
Mon 19/09/05 at 14:06
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The Omega Man!
It seems to go from past tense (writing in the diary) to present tense ("I break into a run" etc). Overall, not bad, but it's too fragmented to amount to anything. And there haven't been wolves in England for a long time.

It's difficult to write something short for the theme. Apocalypse beckons something epic. Unless we spew out 5,000 words, nothing is really gonna fit the bill.
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:34
Regular
Dear Diary.

I'm just one guy fighting for survival. Where I am? Who knows. Long since the days when you could walk down a street and call it part of London. I only know fear now. The fear keeps me going but I don't really want to live like this anymore.

Humanity has been devoured by fate but the animal kingdom has spread like wild fire and packs of wolves roam the cities at night. Society broke down and I am to blame for it. Why? I can't tell you. It has taken all my strength just to force the thought to the back of my mind but the guilt is eating me up from the inside, feasting on my soul.

I think I am the last one left. The last person i saw was being torn to pieces by ferocious Jackals even though there wasn't much meat on him.......

I can't go on like this.... It's all just too much. I only want someone to talk to. I break into a run and leap over the side of a nearby bridge.

As I lay down on the river bank I looked up and saw some old fool running from Old London to the crumbling bridge. He leapt up on to the side with the agility of a much younger man. I tried to call out to him but he lost his footing and fell. A second before he hit the ground he saw me. And a wave of horror bubbled onto his face. he hit the water with a sickening splash and was taken under into the murky depths.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.