GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many hours gaming do you do in a week?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/10/09 at 23:22
Regular
Do you play as much as you did when you were a kid or can you only fit in an hour or two around work and family life?

I'm definitely a big gamer, it's just I can't afford all the games. I used to play so much as a kid and would always say to myself that I would never grow out of it.

I don't play online games anymore, I wasted too much time on them. Seriously some times I would spend 8 hours every day of the week gaming. If I had used all those hours doing something productive I would be able to play the guitar, speak 3 languages fluently and learn enough PHP to create a basic poll.

Now that I have an iPod touch I'm playing more games, though only when I have free time and not getting in the way of my work. There's plenty of games I'd love to play and twice as many old games I'd love to play again.

I think for me I've gone from 0 hours to about 10 hours gaming a week.
Sun 25/10/09 at 12:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
When PC gaming 'began', like the rest of you I seemed to play non-stop. However, as the years have slipped by, I now find that I spend less time playing. One factor is definately family, work and other demands on your time - but another is the lack of good games to play (PC wise). I have frequently re-installed games from a few years ago just because there isn't anything of any worth.

Having said that, at the moment I have Crysis Warhead, Wolfenstein and Fear2: Reborn installed and keep dipping between them, depending on how I feel at the time - but all have been played through at least once:-)
Sun 25/10/09 at 10:57
Regular
"How Ironic"
Couple of years ago, i was on my PS2 a good 6 hours a day, so about 42 hours a week, but now, because of a-level work, i'm lucky to get on for an hour a day.
Sun 25/10/09 at 01:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I reckon it works out at around 40 hours a week gaming, so about 5 or 6 hours a day for me. I don't get paid for it, which is disappointing but I enjoy it.

I probably played longer gaming sessions as a kid but it would work out the same total per week as school would get in the way.
Sun 25/10/09 at 00:03
Regular
As a teenager I went on gaming binges, when games like Goldeneye, Zelda etc came out my life was just gaming. Then I grew up and settled into a schedule, an hour a day and a mini gaming marathon on Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons. And for the past few weeks I haven't played a single game!
Sat 24/10/09 at 23:22
Regular
Do you play as much as you did when you were a kid or can you only fit in an hour or two around work and family life?

I'm definitely a big gamer, it's just I can't afford all the games. I used to play so much as a kid and would always say to myself that I would never grow out of it.

I don't play online games anymore, I wasted too much time on them. Seriously some times I would spend 8 hours every day of the week gaming. If I had used all those hours doing something productive I would be able to play the guitar, speak 3 languages fluently and learn enough PHP to create a basic poll.

Now that I have an iPod touch I'm playing more games, though only when I have free time and not getting in the way of my work. There's plenty of games I'd love to play and twice as many old games I'd love to play again.

I think for me I've gone from 0 hours to about 10 hours gaming a week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.