GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IDEA FOR SR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 11:04
Regular
How about, in addition to regular and notable status, we have a "KING" or PM of SR? There will only be one at a time, and then we have elections every couple of months? People can keep the title for more than one time in a row (if the sr folk think they are worthy) and the person can be any regulat newbie or staff regular. Also, only regs and notables can vote... what u think?

Sonic
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
How about, in addition to regular and notable status, we have a "KING" or PM of SR? There will only be one at a time, and then we have elections every couple of months? People can keep the title for more than one time in a row (if the sr folk think they are worthy) and the person can be any regulat newbie or staff regular. Also, only regs and notables can vote... what u think?

Sonic
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:32
Regular
Sounds like a good idea.... but it probably won't be pratical. You might well end up with the same person always being "King", and people might well dislike that person, who could decide that he could do anything.

Newbie might also be very annoyed that there is yet another class above them.

Personally I don't see any point in the newbie/regular system at all - the posts here were just as good before the system arrived, and it just gives people a reason to argue.

Still, I don't really mind, I'm "Proud to be a newbie"

See Ya

PinkPig
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Hoo Har"
i think this is the a really good idea. I'm dont care if theres another class, as there only one King. I think tihs idea should be taken forward!
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Reminds me of an old idea of mine, I think it was called "King Dom". I'll have to pop it some time.
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:29
Regular
Oh yeah! I remember that!
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I've popped it on the FOG (Prime Topics) forum.
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:35
Ok, I have read this and I have to say it's one of the worst ideas I have heard. Sorry, if this happened, I'd leave for good - democracy is ok, but this hierarchy has got to stop. I.e Gladiator. We don't want a Komodus.
Thu 07/06/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
i think this idea has good and bad points - good that there is only one king but bad as a newbie should not be king, this should be reserved for notables
Fri 23/10/09 at 14:11
Regular
had a nice 12lb mirror out the snig wednesday..and mate hade a nice roach aprox 3/4 lb..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.