GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Man With The Golden Arm"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 09:14
Regular
Out of interest, has anyone heard of this film?
Opinions?

When I first saw it, I was shocked. I'd been intruiged enough by the TV guide description ('50s film about heroine addiction) to afford it a couple of hours of late night procrastination, but given the era I expected them to deal with the topic in a fittingly.. nice manner.

But no! It's hard, grimey reality. And the film felt all the more poignant for the fact that its depiction of drug abuse isn't showcased in modern graphic exhibitionism.

Incredibly, it still felt hard hitting after a century of desensitization, as well as standing out as a great film beyond its shock factor and unique angle on drug addiction.

So for me, it was an instant classic (well, it did sort of take 50 years).

But nobody else seems to think so, cetrainly not when I picked it out of the 'cheap and lame' sale for £3 at virgin.
Meanwhile Citizen Kane and Casablanca float round the public consciousness, despite both being, well, a little bit crap.

What's going on? Am I the only person ever to have seen this? Or is there an underground army of believers, waiting for the day they'll heard everyone who bought Trainspotting into forced screenings?
Sat 17/09/05 at 09:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It'd have been better if you'd had just written 'never deals a joker'

Yeah, I love you Pete Doherty.
Sat 17/09/05 at 09:14
Regular
Out of interest, has anyone heard of this film?
Opinions?

When I first saw it, I was shocked. I'd been intruiged enough by the TV guide description ('50s film about heroine addiction) to afford it a couple of hours of late night procrastination, but given the era I expected them to deal with the topic in a fittingly.. nice manner.

But no! It's hard, grimey reality. And the film felt all the more poignant for the fact that its depiction of drug abuse isn't showcased in modern graphic exhibitionism.

Incredibly, it still felt hard hitting after a century of desensitization, as well as standing out as a great film beyond its shock factor and unique angle on drug addiction.

So for me, it was an instant classic (well, it did sort of take 50 years).

But nobody else seems to think so, cetrainly not when I picked it out of the 'cheap and lame' sale for £3 at virgin.
Meanwhile Citizen Kane and Casablanca float round the public consciousness, despite both being, well, a little bit crap.

What's going on? Am I the only person ever to have seen this? Or is there an underground army of believers, waiting for the day they'll heard everyone who bought Trainspotting into forced screenings?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.