GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Site Development"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/09/05 at 22:39
Regular
"NULL"
I'm currently getting stuck into a new web site for a client, but with a twist - they're doing the design.

They have an in-house graphic designer and advertising person, so he's doing the design for the site. He's never designed a web site before, so I'm guiding him as best as I can through how to do it.

What's weird with this project though, is that because it needs to be done before I go back to uni in 3 weeks time, and the design probably won't be done for another week or two. That wouldn't give me time to develop the site, so I'm having to develop the site and with some use of CSS, I should be able to just drop the design on top. It's just really odd when people see this site that I'm really proud of, and it's just plain black text with no layout really.

Oh, a little side note, a question about handling online transactions. Does anyone here have any experience of integrating a website with someone like WorldPay? Who are the best companies to use - WorldPay? PayPal? SecureTrading? How hard is it to do, any advice?

Chiaz.
Sun 18/09/05 at 14:03
Regular
"NULL"
Woohoo, managed it easily. Here it is if anyone wants the code:

function get_dates ($start, $end)
{
$dates = array();
$string = $start;
$dates[] = $string;

while ($string != $end)
{
$from = explode("-", $string);
$string = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, $from[1], ($from[2])+1, $from[0]));
$dates[] = $string;
}
return $dates;
}

?>
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:51
Regular
"NULL"
Does anyone know of a function that will list all dates between two dates?

e.g. user enters 2005-01-29 and 2005-02-02 and it generates an array containing:

2005-01-29
2005-01-30
2005-01-31
2005-02-01
2005-02-02

If there is an easy way to do it before I work on some complex function to do it.
Sat 17/09/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It looked more like a newsletter handout, not a website.

Not that I'd ever knock anyone else's work, oh nonono.
Sat 17/09/05 at 14:19
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> He's got a PC. The problem isn't so much with him being
> over-ambitious, more just the wrong type of design, and in the words
> of monkey_man, "very 1992".

Wrong type of design, lol.
Sat 17/09/05 at 13:23
Regular
"NULL"
He's got a PC. The problem isn't so much with him being over-ambitious, more just the wrong type of design, and in the words of monkey_man, "very 1992".
Sat 17/09/05 at 09:36
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Make sure you reel him in. Our graphic designers get very ambitious.
> There's a line between what looks nice, ansd what's impossible to
> reproduce in css.

I like ambitious designers, they make you think a bit harder!.

Rule one of workin with a third party designer... CHECK IF HE'S USING A MAC!! If he is, there's headache #1. Big beleiver in Mac's for print work & 3D, but not for designing scamps for websites. Different colour pallets and font scaling, so beware of this.

Once you've esablished the whole PC or Mac thing, life becomes simpler
Sat 17/09/05 at 06:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Make sure you reel him in. Our graphic designers get very ambitious. There's a line between what looks nice, ansd what's impossible to reproduce in css.

It keeps you on your toes mind.
Fri 16/09/05 at 23:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ooh can I join in - I do stuff like this quite a lot lately, payment stuff too. Tyla has my MSN...
Fri 16/09/05 at 23:04
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Jump on me in MSN. I've just done a project similar to this.
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:39
Regular
"NULL"
I'm currently getting stuck into a new web site for a client, but with a twist - they're doing the design.

They have an in-house graphic designer and advertising person, so he's doing the design for the site. He's never designed a web site before, so I'm guiding him as best as I can through how to do it.

What's weird with this project though, is that because it needs to be done before I go back to uni in 3 weeks time, and the design probably won't be done for another week or two. That wouldn't give me time to develop the site, so I'm having to develop the site and with some use of CSS, I should be able to just drop the design on top. It's just really odd when people see this site that I'm really proud of, and it's just plain black text with no layout really.

Oh, a little side note, a question about handling online transactions. Does anyone here have any experience of integrating a website with someone like WorldPay? Who are the best companies to use - WorldPay? PayPal? SecureTrading? How hard is it to do, any advice?

Chiaz.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.