GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Power Of the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 10:26
Regular
How powerful is the PS2?
The games out now ie "F1 2001" graphically look great and play superb. But i remember when the original Playstation came out we where saying how good games like wipeout looked. Then games took a giant leap in becoming better, take "Gran tourismo" for example it showed just how powerful the playstation was. So what about the PS2, Will the same happen? I hope so! If this is the case then think how brilliant future games for the PS2 will be! Make me glad to be one of the happy owners.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:53
The games on the PS2 will definately get better.

At the moment, the developers are still getting used to the hardware of the PS2. New technology will get produced that enables developers to create even better games.

What happened with Playstation will happen once again with PS2. But it will need to be soon, as the release of Xbox and Gamecube, are looming.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I know you werent knocking my English e.t.c. But I was just pointing out that my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type another. I spose iam ok at English but I can sometimes never explain something well.

The graphics on the PS2 will get alot better I know that as it is hard to believe that Tekken 1 on the PS1 was released considering how much better Tekken 2 and 3 looked. Each generation of games gets better and better. TTT is a first Gen title for PS2 aswell as most other games. The next gen games are GT3, MGS2 e.t.c. In a few years time we will look back at TTT and Z.O.E e.t.c and think that they dont look good at all.

One day we will be sitting in our houses with our PS5 VR Super Duper Machine and playing Gran Turismo Full Emotion. It will look like really life,and feel like real life as we have the VR glasses and we will be thinking how crap the PS2 looked. As we are enjoying racing in a game where it looks true to life.
Thu 07/06/01 at 13:24
"High polygon count"
It's okay, adrian - I wasn't knocking your English.

It just looks slightly odd when you read it - like you're saying that PS2's graphics will actually get worse as time goes on. I knew what you meant, though.
Thu 07/06/01 at 13:21
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> adrian
> wrote:
> Yes in time the PS2 will have graphics like the
>
> first PS1.

Something about that statement just doesn't
> sound
> right! :-)

What I mean is that the PS1 looks crap the
> graphics are rubbish. The PS2 has amazing graphics. But in time the
> PS2 will have graphics that look crap they will be what I think of
> the PS1 now. I am not good at explaining things with words, thats
> why I only got C's for GCSE English and that why I didnt do it at
> A-Level iam crap at English and Spelling.

The graphics on the PSOne are far better than they were when the Playstation first came out, because games companies can utilise the hardware better. The PS2 will have the same evolution of graphics in their games over the entire life of the PS2, does that help??
Thu 07/06/01 at 13:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> Yes in time the PS2 will have graphics like the
> first PS1.

Something about that statement just doesn't sound
> right! :-)

What I mean is that the PS1 looks crap the graphics are rubbish. The PS2 has amazing graphics. But in time the PS2 will have graphics that look crap they will be what I think of the PS1 now. I am not good at explaining things with words, thats why I only got C's for GCSE English and that why I didnt do it at A-Level iam crap at English and Spelling.
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:57
Regular
People want these improvements yesterday though. I think that the graphical differences between the games are not of any real consequence, but pick up GT and then go play GT2, then you will see where the advances were truely made, in the handling and physics of the game.
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:55
Regular
"Back For Good"
compare ridge racer to Gran Turismo 2.

Martian Gothic to Dino Crises 2.

Game Developers get used to and better at making games for the console and they improve all the time.
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:45
Regular
For games not coming out on the PSOne or any other console, the PS2 is getting there slowly. We have had ZOE, Shadow of memories and will soon be getting Extermination and Onimusha, the future is bright, the future is Sony.
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't care about the power, I want a PS2 to play the new games which are not coming out on the PS1.
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:40
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> Yes in time the PS2 will have graphics like the first PS1.

Something about that statement just doesn't sound right! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.