GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guy who ruined his life..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 21:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
...because of Everquest.

Read: [URL]http://p198.ezboard.com/folgafrm4.showMessage?topicID=46.topic[/URL]

If you cant be bothered to read it all, basically it's about this guy whose life got ruined because he became addicted to a game called Everquest.

:p
Sat 17/09/05 at 22:49
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
tnc wrote:
> However there are believable parts of the story, sometimes I'm so
> preoccupied with a game I rush dinner down at some random point in
> the night and don't care what it is.

Amen.
Sat 17/09/05 at 15:38
Regular
Although you can suppress your feelings of hunger simply by concentrating hard and having fun you can't suppress needing the toilet really badly. I mean, even people who are really addicted can spend a few seconds getting up and going to the toilet, I've experienced not wanting to.

I think many things he says are embelishments, fair enough he might not be talking to his wife and playing for hours but no-one can simply not go to the toilet.

However there are believable parts of the story, sometimes I'm so preoccupied with a game I rush dinner down at some random point in the night and don't care what it is.
Sat 17/09/05 at 15:32
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It's that "I'll do it later" syndrome again.

He complains that he's in the middle of a fight or something, but when he gets a free moment he just doesn't take it.
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:26
Regular
Even if you're completely, mind-numbingly, obsessed you still go to the loo, all be it quickly. After all, you can't just restrain the urge to poo for six months and decide you'll postpone playing while you find a potty.

Lie!
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:23
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Lie. No sane man would get a bottle to urinate in so he wouldn't have to leave the computer. That's something someone would make up to make the lie more entertaining. I'd be very surprised if that was true.
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:19
Regular
I think it was likely to be a fake simply because of the incincerity in some of the parts, such as saying things such as "and he was like F£*% off", it's a style you wouldn't use in a formal piece.

Plus he kept saying 'I'm not lying' wherereas a person really in that situation isn't really likely to say that. I've been addicted to games, simply meaning I play them solidly for a day, eating quickly or taking food upstairs, but it doesn't mean I don't stop or set-up a potty in the room.
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:18
Regular
"Mozzy"
Whether it's a lie or not, I still found it interesting to read. :)
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Captain to you."
Hahaha i just read the whole thing, i hope this is real, that will teach the light dodging git.

But i doubt it is real, I'm sure people get close to that sort of state but lets face it if your life was pretty much prefect you wouldn't feck it up like he did so either he's lying or a complete tard and deserves it.
Fri 16/09/05 at 21:53
"Fort of Dawn Lindsa"
"You may have lost everything in your life because of the game, but you did not take your life, as my son did.
At least give yourself credit for that!"

Is it just me or is this a weird thing to say?
Fri 16/09/05 at 21:32
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Hmm...

Perhaps, but it seems to be too well written and long to be a joke.

If it is, then I'm gonna shoot him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.