GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Case of the Sulphuric Acid Plant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 21:40
Regular
"0228"
Anybody seen this? It's a video made for schools (about Sulphuric Acid, oddly enough) and I was amazed to see that John Cleese was in it. Not only that, but it was a video that was made in 1976, when John Cleese was at the height of his fame, and so I can't see why he'd agree to doing this.

In the video, he's the voice of a cartoon detective, as well as appearing in various live action roles including scientists with chemical formulas written on their backsides, and as an angry Australian with a gun.

Anyway, I learnt absolutely nothing about sulphuric acid but it was a far more entertaining video than most of the stuff we get, and John Cleese starring in it both pleased and confused me. It doesn't appear on his IMDb filmography though.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:40
Regular
"0228"
Anybody seen this? It's a video made for schools (about Sulphuric Acid, oddly enough) and I was amazed to see that John Cleese was in it. Not only that, but it was a video that was made in 1976, when John Cleese was at the height of his fame, and so I can't see why he'd agree to doing this.

In the video, he's the voice of a cartoon detective, as well as appearing in various live action roles including scientists with chemical formulas written on their backsides, and as an angry Australian with a gun.

Anyway, I learnt absolutely nothing about sulphuric acid but it was a far more entertaining video than most of the stuff we get, and John Cleese starring in it both pleased and confused me. It doesn't appear on his IMDb filmography though.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:47
Regular
No offence but an educational video is an educational video, hardly the thing I can get excited about.

As for his credentials, a voiceover probably wouldn't go in there let alone a voiceover for an educational video that barely anyone would watch. I assume it's a ploy to interest people of the time and it obviously caught your attention (though for the wrong reasons)

In short, no, no I haven't seen the video and they're usually trite that insult your intellect anyway.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:51
Regular
"0228"
tnc wrote:
> No offence but an educational video is an educational video, hardly
> the thing I can get excited about.

It had a couple of decent comedy moments. That does catch my attention when every other science video I've ever watched has almost bored me to tears. There's one biology video about birth that seems to be shown at least once every couple of weeks and it's complete crap.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:58
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Ah, how I don't miss science videos. I did ejoy the lesson, however, in years seven, eight, ten and eleven. Year nine, however... that was a dark year!

Also, good to see you JFH, not spoken in a while.
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:02
"period drama"
JFH wrote:
> In the video, he's the voice of a cartoon detective, as well as
> appearing in various live action roles including scientists with
> chemical formulas written on their backsides, and as an angry
> Australian with a gun.

Sounds exactly the kind of thing he'd do, actually.

How's your colon looking, tnc?
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:05
Regular
Please don't tell me you finally went and bought a Voodoo doll, FluFFy. My colon isn't too bad actually, it's just aiding the 'ole urine process too fast, I've needed to take a leak after every hour-long lesson.

That was the doll aswell? Witchcrafter :(
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
FluFFy really is the most horrible thing anyone has ever named FFF ever.
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:24
Regular
Deliberately

For his Pokemon air-guitaring, which I refuse to let go of.
Thu 15/09/05 at 23:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I think I saw this when I was at school - about 18 years ago.

Was there a bit when he said "And this is the absorbing part!" ? I laughed at that for ages and got a b****cking from the teacher.
Fri 16/09/05 at 00:02
"period drama"
tnc wrote:
> That was the doll aswell? Witchcrafter :(

Everything's the doll.
If you had a good day, I was just in a giving mood.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.