GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Case of the Sulphuric Acid Plant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 21:40
Regular
"0228"
Anybody seen this? It's a video made for schools (about Sulphuric Acid, oddly enough) and I was amazed to see that John Cleese was in it. Not only that, but it was a video that was made in 1976, when John Cleese was at the height of his fame, and so I can't see why he'd agree to doing this.

In the video, he's the voice of a cartoon detective, as well as appearing in various live action roles including scientists with chemical formulas written on their backsides, and as an angry Australian with a gun.

Anyway, I learnt absolutely nothing about sulphuric acid but it was a far more entertaining video than most of the stuff we get, and John Cleese starring in it both pleased and confused me. It doesn't appear on his IMDb filmography though.
Sat 17/09/05 at 15:30
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Ah, the Peridoc Table song.

Had us laughing for ages.
Sat 17/09/05 at 12:42
Regular
The periodic table song :D

That was a classy little song that we heard in Chemistry last year, there's nothing more amusing than hear a 50s swing band member suddenly start singing the names of even the most unrecognisable elements at top speed.
Sat 17/09/05 at 00:42
Regular
The best science videos are the ones made years and years ago about steel, when Britain still had a steel industry.

And the one with the periodic table song.
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:51
Regular
No

The best educational video ever was the Biology video about the fish that could change their sex, we were having fun joking about the various scenarios when rules ruined all, such as, it can only be done in certain conditions and isn't at the animal's choosing.

Boring!
Fri 16/09/05 at 22:49
Regular
"0228"
Timmargh wrote:
> Was there a bit when he said "And this is the absorbing
> part!" ?

That's the one. It shouldn't have been funny but it was.
Fri 16/09/05 at 16:59
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Heh heh... that video was hilarious.

But it's true, we learnt absolutely nothing.
Fri 16/09/05 at 00:02
"period drama"
tnc wrote:
> That was the doll aswell? Witchcrafter :(

Everything's the doll.
If you had a good day, I was just in a giving mood.
Thu 15/09/05 at 23:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I think I saw this when I was at school - about 18 years ago.

Was there a bit when he said "And this is the absorbing part!" ? I laughed at that for ages and got a b****cking from the teacher.
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:24
Regular
Deliberately

For his Pokemon air-guitaring, which I refuse to let go of.
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
FluFFy really is the most horrible thing anyone has ever named FFF ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.