GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Am Legend movie (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 11:44
Regular
"not dead"
Apparently it's all back on again. The director of Constantine will be taking it on, after the movie he currently has lined up. They're still working from the script that Arnie and then Will Smith were attached to some years ago, though it's currently undergoing a rewrite.

Surely another version won't be any worse that the Jimmy Savilletastic Omega Man. Never seen the Vincent Price version though.

Anyway, have they got the right man for the job? I've not seen Constantine, so I don't know.
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> It's possible. One just needs a director with a modicum of
> imagination. Hence my horror for the Governator being mentioned in
> the same breath as this film...

True. To be honest, it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction to something I love being (probably) ruined (yet again)

Having said that, Sin City was pretty faithful, Constantine was pretty good fun, and V for Vendetta is looking...promising... (out on a limb time)
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Oh I dunno; the woman whom he meets towards the mid-end of the book. If you started the movie off with the two of them talking (he does explain to her what he thinks happened and uses it to justify his asking her for a blood sample as I recall) about what happened....

It's possible. One just needs a director with a modicum of imagination. Hence my horror for the Governator being mentioned in the same breath as this film...
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> Sure, it won't work as a Hollywood movie. But I'd love to see
> the likes of Jeunot tackling it...

I was thinking of it done "arthouse", but the only way you would be able to advance the plot is by voiceover or introducing another character. Either way is going to smack of clumsy plot exposition IMHO.

"But why are they vampires"
"Well Wendy, that's because it's a virus in the blood which thickens it, and the reason they dont like sunlight is because....."

Monologue "the virus in the blood....." etc etc etc

Just can't see it myself.

Of course, you could just have a guy bumbling around the house and having a bad nights sleep. I suppose Van Sant has just done similar....
Thu 15/09/05 at 16:11
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> Read the screenplay to see just how different from the book the movie
> will be, even with revisions. As good as the book is (I love it), it
> just wouldn't work as a movie IMHO.

I don't agree.

Sure, it won't work as a Hollywood movie. But I'd love to see the likes of Jeunot tackling it...
Thu 15/09/05 at 15:49
Regular
"relocated"
The thing I liked about the book was the dry, unhysterical delivery and the way you got a real sense of horror from the sheer monotony of his home DIY. I don't see that translating to film (unless it was done like Elephant, which would be quite cool).
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bullett wrote:
> The book is perhaps the best I have read in a while - I don't read
> many books, but picked this up on recommendation from many here at
> SR.

Read the screenplay to see just how different from the book the movie will be, even with revisions. As good as the book is (I love it), it just wouldn't work as a movie IMHO.
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:03
Regular
The book is perhaps the best I have read in a while - I don't read many books, but picked this up on recommendation from many here at SR.

I'll be looking forward to the progress of this movie indefinitely.

Who do you guys think they should pull in?

I don't know why, but I always think Tom Jane would suit the role. I've only seen him in The Punisher though, so I don't know what he's like in other roles.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
At least it's not the Governator; the only thing that slightly spoiled the best short novel I've ever read was the nagging suspicion that they'd put that wooden fool in the lead role.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:50
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Might well do. Francis Lawrence made a damn good job on Constantine, and as long as Smith isn't attached, it might work.

[URL]http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/legend.txt[/URL] 1995 screenplay. It's more action than horror, but the more I read the different versions, the more I wish they'd leave it alone.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:44
Regular
"not dead"
Apparently it's all back on again. The director of Constantine will be taking it on, after the movie he currently has lined up. They're still working from the script that Arnie and then Will Smith were attached to some years ago, though it's currently undergoing a rewrite.

Surely another version won't be any worse that the Jimmy Savilletastic Omega Man. Never seen the Vincent Price version though.

Anyway, have they got the right man for the job? I've not seen Constantine, so I don't know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.