GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR F1 Championship - Round 18 (Britain) and Round 19 Predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 03:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Qualifying: Barrichello looking for double whammy
Race: Do we have a Champion?

Rubens Barrichello has taken pole position in atrocious conditions at Silverstone, his 3rd pole position of the season and the 6th in his career. He has seen his career flourish since his move to Renault and he is in a perfect position for an attack at Pizzonia's 13 point lead and to wrap up the Constructors Championship for Renault, which will be for the 2nd year in a row.

Joining Barrichello on the front row is Verstappen, now only fighting for Minardi's Constructors cause. Michael Schumacher may not get a drive next season but 3rd on the grid for the 2nd race in a row might just get people to think about giving him another chance.

Fisichella needs to outscore Pizzonia by 4 points to take his Championship fight to the final round and 4th on the grid is a good start. In 5th is another Championship contender, Alonso. He needs a good result to stay in the hunt. Firman is alongside him in 6th and he is solely fighting for Jordan, who are looking for a 2nd Constructors title.

In 7th is bad news for the 5 drivers in with a shot of catching Pizzonia because it's Pizzonia in 7th place. A good race here could wrap the title up. In 8th is Webber, trying to stop Red Bull from sliding into last place in the Constructors.

It's not good news for the other 2 contenders for the title not mentioned. Baumgartner sits in 18th and Montoya starts a lowly 21st.

Full Qualifying Results:

1st Barrichello (Lipe) 1m32.839s
2nd Verstappen (Jae) 1m32.870s - (+0.031s)
3rd M Schumacher (Vampyr) 1m32.872s - (+0.033s)
4th Fisichella (Badgerman) 1m32.922s - (+0.083s)
5th Alonso (Jules) 1m32.973s - (+0.134s)
6th Firman (Notorious Biggles) 1m32.987s - (+0.148s)
7th Pizzonia (Icarus) 1m33.008s - (+0.169s)
8th Webber (Shelljed) 1m33.028s - (+0.189s)
9th Button (Der Nazi) 1m33.038s - (+0.199s)
10th Panis (Foreman) 1m33.087s - (+0.248s)
11th Sato (Poopots) 1m33.101s - (+0.262s)
12th Villeneuve (Mike Swade) 1m33.137s - (+0.298s)
13th R Schumacher (Clazon) 1m33.172s - (+0.333s)
14th De La Rosa (Virtuoso) 1m33.173s - (+0.334s)
15th Raikkonen (Ineedsleep) 1m33.202s - (+0.363s)
16th Pantano (Chris) 1m33.217s - (+0.378s)
17th Heidfeld (Shadow) 1m33.219s - (+0.380s)
18th Baumgartner (Grandprix) 1m33.237s - (+0.398s)
19th Klien (Figo) 1m33.278s - (+0.439s)
20th Karthikeyan (Ortega) 1m33.305s - (+0.466s)
21st Montoya (Afrojoe) 1m33.326s - (+0.487s)
22nd Salo (Biggie Little) 1m33.333s - (+0.494s)

So, the penultimate round of the SR F1 Championship is underway and we are not sure where the titles are going. The conditions were terrible with really heavy rain as Barrichello gets off the line to hold onto the lead.

Obviously, the conditions makes keeping the car on the track very difficult. The first person to get caught out was Heidfeld on lap 2 when he ran off the track. Pantano, the winner of the British Grand Prix this season, spun off the track on lap 5.

The first retirement was Karthikeyan in the Red Bull when his right rear suspension broke on lap 6. Verstappen was under a bit of pressure from Alonso and he threw his car off the track on lap 6. Panis had his engine blow up on lap 7 and that was his race run. It was then time for the Red Bull team to pack up early as Webber had an engine blowout and retirement on lap 9.

The race then hit the pit stop phase after Sato had a spin on lap 13. The positions were changing and there was a mixture of 1 and 2 stop strategies out on the track. Barrichello still had the lead at this point but he needed to pull out a big lead as he had only an 8 second lead with an extra pit stop to make.

Villeneuve ran off the track on lap 27 and Button running in 3rd and a potential spoiler to Barrichello's afternoon, spun on lap 32. Could he recover the lost time? Michael Schumacher wrecked his race when he spun on lap 34.

Verstappen was trying to recover after his early spin but his engine wasn't up to the job when it let go on lap 35. With Baumgartner struggling, that ended Minardi's hopes of the Constructors Championship.

The chasing pack in the Drivers Championship were given some great news on lap 37 when Pizzonia retired with a puncture! Now the pressure is on for the remaining chasers in the title race to score enough points to take the battle to final round in Monaco. Could they do it?

Montoya couldn't as he spun on lap 40 and the only way for Montoya to win the title was to take victory in the last 2 rounds. Montoya saw himself lapped because of his error and that's Montoya, the first driver to put Pizzonia under pressure earlier in the season, out of the title race.

Raikkonen and Pantano were scrapping for minor placings and they tangled and spun on lap 48.

It was now the last phase of the race. Will anyone take advantage of Pizzonia's retirement? Montoya is most definitely out of the picture and Baumgartner's poor showing in the race meant he was out too.

Fisichella started 4th but his car was just not working properly. He found himself swallowed up by his teammate and a number of cars for the first 50 laps but a late pit stop fixed the problem and Fisichella put in a late charge. Unfortunately, his plucky fight to stay in the points and his late fight back wasn't enough as he didn't get the 5th place he needed. He had a scrap with Sato for the last points place but lost that too and came 9th.

That just leaves Barrichello and Alonso. Barrichello could not have done more, as he took a lights to flag victory, his 2nd victory of the season and the 3rd in his career. That leaves Barrichello just 3 points behind Pizzonia with 1 round to go.

What about Alonso? He takes his fight to the final round as he follows Barrichello home to take 2nd place. Button has had a poor season but 3rd place here makes it highly unlikely that he will be in last place in the Drivers Championship this year.

4th is Ralf Firman in the Jordan. Was that enough to stop Renault taking the Constructors Championship? De La Rosa takes 5th place and his teammate, Salo, came from last on the grid to take 7th. Sandwiched between them was Ralf Schumacher's Toyota in 6th and Sato fought off the late charging Fisichella to take the last point for 8th.

Full Race Results:

1st Barrichello (Lipe) 1h38m05.204s - (No Change)
2nd Alonso (Jules) +12.346s - (Up 3)
3rd Button (Der Nazi) +28.015s - (Up 6)
4th Firman (Notorious Biggles) +29.239s - (Up 2)
5th De La Rosa (Virtuoso) +40.833s - (Up 9)
6th R Schumacher (Clazon) +52.852s - (Up 7)
7th Salo (Biggie Little) +54.438s - (Up 15)
8th Sato (Poopots) +59.860s - (Up 3)
9th Fisichella (Badgerman) +1m00.006s - (Down 5)
10th Klien (Figo) +1m09.777s - (Up 9)
11th Pantano (Chris) +1m21.385s - (Up 5)
12th Villeneuve (Mike Swade) +1m31.478s - (No Change)
13th Baumgartner (Grandprix) +1m32.558s - (Up 5)
14th Montoya (Afrojoe) -1lap - (Up 7)
15th M Schumacher (Vampyr) -1lap - (Down 12)
16th Raikkonen (Ineedsleep) -1lap - (Down 1)
17th Heidfeld (Shadow) -1lap - (No Change)

DNF

Pizzonia (Icarus) Puncture
Verstappen (Jae) Engine
Webber (Shelljed) Engine
Panis (Foreman) Engine
Karthikeyan (Ortega) Suspension

Drivers Championship (Names in bold cannot win the Championship)

1st Pizzonia 57pts
2nd Barrichello 54pts
3rd Alonso 50pts - (Up 1)
4th Fisichella 44pts - (Down 1)
5th Baumgartner 40pts
6th Firman 38pts - (Up 1)
7th Montoya 37pts - (Down 1)
8th R Schumacher 32pts - (Up 4)
9= Verstappen 30pts - (Down 1)
9= Pantano 30pts - (Down 1)
9= Heidfeld 30pts - (Down 1)
9= Webber 30pts - (Down 1)
13th Salo 29pts - (Up 1)
14= Raikkonen 28pts - (Down 1)
14= De La Rosa 24pts - (Up 2)
16th Villeneuve 27pts - (Down 2)
17th Button 25pts - (Up 1)
18th Klien 22pts - (Down 1)
19= Karthikeyan 19pts - (Down 1)
19= Sato 18pts - (Up 1)
21st Panis 17pts
22nd M Schumacher 16pts

Constructors Championship

1st Renault 111pts - WORLD CHAMPIONS!
2nd Jordan 82pts
3rd McLaren 78pts
4th Minardi 70pts - (Down 1)
5th MG F1 57pts - (Up 2)
6th Williams 56pts - (Down 1)
7th B.A.R 55pts - (Up 1)
8th Sauber 52pts - (Down 2)
9= Red Bull 49pts - (Down 1)
9= Toyota 49pts - (Up 1)
11th Ferrari 43pts

Fastest Lap: Fisichella 1m33.249s

PREDICTION WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Only 6 predictors this time so the scoring will be 10 for 1st, 6 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd, 3 for 4th, 2 for 5th, 1 for 6th and a bonus point for being the closest to the tie breaker. Here are the results:

1st Shadow 10pts + 1pt (17pts - +5.696s) - THE CLOSEST
2nd Chris 6pts (17pts - +5.852s)
3rd Foreman 4pts (16pts - +7.074s)
4th Badgerman 3pts (9pts - +6.965s)
5th Ineedsleep 2pts (9pts - +8.518s)
6th Shelljed 1pt (7pts)

The table now looks like this after Round 18: (Names in bold cannot win the Championship)

1st Chris 110pts (6 wins)
2nd Shadow 107pts (4 wins)
3rd Ineedsleep 80pts (2 wins)
4th Shelljed 75pts (3 wins)
5th Badgerman 69pts (1 win)
6th Jae 59pts (2 wins)
7th Icarus 33pts
8th Foreman 26pts - (Up 1)
9th Biggie Little 23pts - (Down 1)
10th Jules 12pts
11= Notorious Biggles 5pts
11= Clazon 5pts
13th Shrimper 2pts

18 rounds in the books and now we head to Monaco for the final chapter in the SR F1 Championship 2005.

First up, congratulations to Renault on taking the Constructors Championship! It's their 2nd Constructors Championship in a row, it's a new Constructors points record and it was a much more comfortable victory than last year. So, congratulations again to Renault and Icarus and Lipe!

The other 2 Championships are yet to be decided. If anything, they are closer than they have ever been in recent races. Pizzonia's worst case scenario has been realised as Barrichello is now just 3 points behind and Alonso still in the race 7 points behind. Here is how the Championship could be won:

Pizzonia to win: 2nd place or higher - Barrichello scores less than 4 points or less than 4 points more than Pizzonia (Barrichello has less wins than Pizzonia) - Alonso fails to get 2nd place or higher or 8 points more than Pizzonia.

Barrichello to win: 5th or higher with Pizzonia not scoring and Alonso not in the top 2 - 4 more points than Pizzonia

Alonso to win: 2nd or higher with Pizzonia not scoring and Barrichello less than 4 points.

There are probably a few more possibilities but the fact remains that Pizzonia has the slight advantage and it's Barrichello and Alonso that need the points.

The Prediction Championship is just as close. Here is how the Championship could be won:

Chris to win: 7 points will be enough. Any finish above Shadow will be enough.

Shadow to win: Shadow must outscore Chris by at least 4 points to win. As Chris has more wins, 3 points more isn't enough.

The final round is in Monaco and the conditions will be wet for both the qualifying and the race.

Here are the list of drivers and teams required for the predictions: [URL]http://www.freewebs.com/gpsr/srf1.htm[/URL]

PREDICTION DEADLINE: 25th SEPTEMBER

PLEASE CHECK YOUR PREDICTIONS FOR ERRORS AS IT CAN LOSE YOU POINTS!

Who will qualify in pole position? (10 points)

Which team will qualify in pole position? (5 points)

Who will be last on the grid? (10 points)

Which team will be last on the grid? (5 points)

The top 8 qualifiers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th

Which driver will make up the most positions in the race? (8 points)

Which team will score the most points in the race? (5 points)

Who will win the race? (12 points)

Who will be the first retirement? (10 points)

The top 8 finishers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th

TIE BREAKER: What will be the fastest race lap? (The lap record is 1m17.258s but you will need to account for the weather.)

The Drivers and Prediction Championships must be decided at the final round! It's the last chance saloon and it's a shootout at Monaco!

Thanks for reading!
Mon 26/09/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Baros!!!"

Pizzonia

Renault

Karthikeyan

Red Bull Racing

The top 8 qualifiers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)
1st Pizzonia
2nd Fisichella
3rd Raikkonen
4th Barichello
5th Montaya
6th Alonso
7th Pantano
8th Panis

Panis

Renault

Pizzonia

Panis

The top 8 finishers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)
1st Pizzonia
2nd Fisichella
3rd Raikkonen
4th Barichello
5th Montaya
6th Alonso
7th Pantano
8th Panis

TIE BREAKER:

1m23.065s
Sun 25/09/05 at 21:42
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Sorry, the results are going to be delayed. Monaco in the wet is the longest possible race and the worst for my computer. I'm hoping for Monday evening.
Sun 25/09/05 at 17:59
Regular
Well you have to try and shake it up a bit, hopefully covered some of the bases :)
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:56
Regular
"Better Than You"
Contradictory predictions there Shadow..

And I've forgot all my predictions. . . :S
Sat 24/09/05 at 17:03
Regular
Sorry I thought I had longer for the predictions, had 29th in my mind for some reason, good job I checked :)

Heidfeld

Renualt

Karthikeyan

Toyota

The top 8 qualifiers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points
for driver being in correct place)

1st Alonso
2nd Fisichella
3rd Baumgartner
4th Pizzonia
5th Barrichello
6th Montoya
7th Heidfeld
8th Raikkonen

Who will make up the most positions in the race? (8 points)
Raikkonen

Renault

Barrichello

Klien

The top 8 finishers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for
driver being in correct place)

1st Montoya
2nd Heidfeld
3rd Pizzonia
4th Baumgatner
5th Alonso
6th Fisichella
7th Barrichello
8th M Schumacher

TIE BREAKER: 1m25.143ss
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'm sorry, I can't help it. I always promised myself that I would predict at the same time that I read this originally and post a comment. As you can see I never do :)

Alonso

McLaren

Sato

Red Bull

The top 8 qualifiers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for

1st Pizzonia
2nd Firman
3rd Alonso
4th Fisichella
5th Barrichello
6th Villeneuve
7th Baumgartner
8th Button

Who will make up the most positions in the race? (8 points)

M Schumacher

Renault

Montoya

Pantano

The top 8 finishers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for

1st Alonso
2nd Firman
3rd Fisichella
4th Barrichello
5th Pizzonia
6th Villeneuve
7th Montoya
8th Raikkonen

TIE BREAKER: 1m20.735ss
Sat 24/09/05 at 01:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I got your predictions Chris. It's up to Shadow whether he wants to do the same.

That's only 3 predictors so far. Ineedsleep usually posts hers near the deadline, Shadow will probably put his up. I'd prefer one more set, just so it fits a points bracket...
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:25
Regular
"es argh"
Fisi

Ferarri

Pizzonia

Minardi

1st Fisi
2nd Firman
3rd Alonso
4th Button
5th Baumgartner
6th Heidfeld
7th R Schumacher
8th Montoya

Salo

Jordan

Fisi

Sato

1st Fisichella
2nd Firman
3rd Barichello
4th Pantano
5th Villeneuve
6th De La Rosa
7th Montoya
8th Karthikeyan

TIE BREAKER: What will be the fastest race lap? (The lap record is 1m17.258s but you will need to account for the weather.)

1m19.879s
Fri 23/09/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Better Than You"
Grandprix wrote:
> Okay, final round is still looking like being up on the Sunday.
> Remember that if you are using this prediction set as a guide,
> remember the tie breaker.
>
> For Chris and Shadow
>
> If you don't want your opposite number to see your final predictions,
> you can email them to me. It's your choice.

I shall do it no then e-mail my predictions to you, pleash.

EDIT - sent my predictions.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:11
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well done to Button, strong points finish!

-Disappears again-

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.