GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sigur Rós appreciation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/09/05 at 11:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I heard Glosoli last night, and was reminded of the genius that is Vidrar til vel loftarasa and, despite the fact that they're the only two songs I know by them, I thought I'd start a thread so you can all convince me to blow my last few pence that I own on a few of their CDs.

So do it. Appreciate, reccommend a few songs and talk about how genius the Ros are.

Oh, and the video to Glosoli... it's not as moving as Vidrar's, but it's still far and above most music videos.

Respect.
Wed 14/09/05 at 11:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I heard Glosoli last night, and was reminded of the genius that is Vidrar til vel loftarasa and, despite the fact that they're the only two songs I know by them, I thought I'd start a thread so you can all convince me to blow my last few pence that I own on a few of their CDs.

So do it. Appreciate, reccommend a few songs and talk about how genius the Ros are.

Oh, and the video to Glosoli... it's not as moving as Vidrar's, but it's still far and above most music videos.

Respect.
Wed 14/09/05 at 11:37
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Never seen a Sigor Rós vid, but adore their strangely languaged, stately, spacey, epic soundscapes. I'd start with Agaetis Byrjun, personally - it includes Staralfur, which for me is as good as it gets, Rós-wise. (For those that have seen the film, that's the gorgeous tune in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou that's playing when they finally find the Jaguar shark).

Mmm, floaty.
Wed 14/09/05 at 11:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The videos match up to the songs - epic, touching, moving and brillaint. I can't think of any other videos that so perfectly match their songs when having such an abstract basis for which to form a video around
Wed 14/09/05 at 12:01
Regular
I've only heard Vaka and that's great
Wed 14/09/05 at 12:01
Regular
It was a Live version, dunno if that's how it is on the Album
Wed 14/09/05 at 12:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Matteh you want some prog. Me and Faffy (FFF) are the ones to call.

Never heard much Sigur Ros :(
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:28
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Cycloon wrote:
> Never heard much Sigur Ros :(

I've only heard two and yet... I love them.

Basts.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:29
Regular
New album out soon isn't it? Listened to all their previous ones and own (). Intending on getting Von and Algaetis Byrun (probably spelt that wrong) for completion sakes. I've always found them slightly more accessable than ().

The intro to Algaetis is class.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:34
Regular
I popped into HMV on the way back from school and got Takk, and I can't wait for this evening, when I'm going to turn down the lights, lie on my bed and get taken to that better place..

lol
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Yeah, I think I'd download more, but they do seem like very much an album band, and I don't want my first impressions of a track to be crap because it's not in context of the whole album.

I think I will be getting their debut first, though. Just because I love Vidrar.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.