GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sigur Rós appreciation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/09/05 at 11:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I heard Glosoli last night, and was reminded of the genius that is Vidrar til vel loftarasa and, despite the fact that they're the only two songs I know by them, I thought I'd start a thread so you can all convince me to blow my last few pence that I own on a few of their CDs.

So do it. Appreciate, reccommend a few songs and talk about how genius the Ros are.

Oh, and the video to Glosoli... it's not as moving as Vidrar's, but it's still far and above most music videos.

Respect.
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
You should get "( )" (Brackets)
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:55
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Download Rós, you cloon.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Clazon wrote:
>
> Also, if you like Sigur Ros, check out Mogwai. They're nowhere near
> as good, but are satisfying for non-Sigur moments.

Yeah I like Mogwai. Come on Die Young has grown on me from being 'umm, nah' to 'umm, yeah, pretty cool'.

Yus.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> Matteh you want some prog. Me and Faffy (FFF) are the ones to call.
>
> Never heard much Sigur Ros :(
>
> Aye indeed.
> And, yes, me neither.
>
> Along with others such as Labradford, they've been hanging on my
> 'soon, soon' list for ages.

Oi FFF, you have more than me (for shame :( ) I think...i.e, what other GSYBE/EITS style stuff could you whisk to me...to sample?
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ms NY wrote:
> Mogwai's music is creepy.

I know. Great isn't it?
Thu 15/09/05 at 05:15
Regular
"cachoo"
Takk is out already?! Damn.. Gonna have to get that today.

Mogwai's music is creepy. Hunted By A Freak and I Know You Are But What Am I? are great.

Also, try M83. Let Men Burn Stars, Last Saturday, Facing That are all good. You might like their Teen Angst song, too.
Wed 14/09/05 at 18:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Huzzah.

I (we all) win.
Wed 14/09/05 at 18:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Clazon wrote:
> I'm quite certain that it was me posting comments in down's thread
> that sparked this. But if it was MTV2 playing something last night or
> something then...yeah.

I read your comments about the Rós, and that brought back memories. then on 120 minutes last night, they played Glósóli, which is what has brought this on.
But yeah.
Wed 14/09/05 at 18:04
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm quite certain that it was me posting comments in down's thread that sparked this. But if it was MTV2 playing something last night or something then...yeah.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Clazon wrote:
> Aha.
>
> Look what I've started now.
>
> Although I'm pleased to have done so.

wwwwhat? It was MTV2 that have (both times) sparked my love of ye olde Sigur Rós by showing their videos. God bless 120 minutes, which also introduced me to Sister Sneaker, Sister Soul. Tune and a half that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.