GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you got a band?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Looking around i see a few bands on the boards.

There is this good site for people without a record label or anything to start promoting their band across the net.

I dont think anyone has posted about it before but sorry if i am repeating, but this is the site

www.mp3unsigned.com

[URL]www.mp3unsigned.com[/URL]

Hope this helps some of you
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I do :P
>
> what do you use then?

A version of Logic.
Thu 15/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
"lets go back"
My band has just been told we can have a gig in The Cavern in January. Thats the place made famous by the Beatles for anyone who doesnt know. Its one of the most well known music venues in Liverpool so we're quite pleased with ourselves. We might be playing the Carling Academy before christmas too. It's so long away though so I'm not holding my breath until we get some concreet details.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:54
Regular
I use a program that acts as a virtual multitrack.
It has some production options too.
When I make a song myself I'll use CPU drums and then record other bits over it. That's for making a rough demo for the band to get to know the song.

Sometime I'll leave the laptop recording a band practice. I edit that into "tracks". From there I can burn it onto a demo CD and rip the MP3s off it.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I do :P

what do you use then?
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:50
Regular
"The Red Shift"
nope.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:10
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Don't you record them into wav?
Thu 15/09/05 at 17:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm in a band.

All we need is a singer. That may be a major factor perhaps, but it's near impossible to find the right one. Settling for a less than near perfect singer could fail you immediately. So we place importance on it.

At the moment we should have 14 finished songs by October/November.

We have 6 near finished now. But (as I've already discussed with Merm) it's hard to convert the bizarre file types that they're in, into mp3 or whatever.
Thu 15/09/05 at 14:08
Regular
"bot"
therage79 wrote:
> Surely the fact that you are short 3 members, consitutes you NOT
> having a band!

They've recorded though! Here's one he posted in another thread: [URL]http://media.putfile.com/DyingToLive-Part1[/URL]
Thu 15/09/05 at 14:05
Regular
"..."
Never been in a band but got into producing while I was at college. Put some tracks together almost entirely made up of sample, sent out some demo tapes and actually got a 12" put out on a record label. I was later told it sold 23 copies. Actually more than I expected. Never got round to send out any more demos, real life got in the way.
Wed 14/09/05 at 09:45
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> I have one band called Dying To Live who have one guitarist so far and
> the singer who's me. But we now need another guitarist,bass player and
> drummer then we need to find a good recording studio.

Surely the fact that you are short 3 members, consitutes you NOT having a band!

However should you overcome this hurdle, I know a great recording studio

[URL]http://www.bwahahahahahahaha.com[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.