GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ian Malcolm: dino-conquering nerd/hero (Shiznit)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 22:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=107[/URL]

The only movie nerd I can think of that knew how to dress, knew how to talk to women and beat up dinosaurs using maths and sarcasm. Can't believe I never thought of him before, he's the greatest hero of them all - the hero of nerds!
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I was reading "The Lost World" today, and I have to skip all that Chaos Theory stuff, cos it goes on for ages! He's funny on Jurrasic park though!
Thu 15/09/05 at 08:26
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> Awww... ssxpro is even modelling himself on him.

Heh, not quite. I can try for the nerdy bit, but the point of the article seemed to be that Ian Malcolm was a "cool nerd", not something I could really claim to be :D
Thu 15/09/05 at 01:49
Regular
Awww... SSX Pro is even modelling himself on him.

However, every nerd on the face of the planet has something in common – they are all nearly always right. If you’re quoting Star Trek, [or Jurrasic Park storyline] a nerd will put you straight.

;-P

Just teasing.
I'll admit that the same thing crossed my mind when I read the bit about "going back is a bad idea". :-)
Wed 14/09/05 at 09:00
Regular
I personally prefered some of the other articles that have been advertised here, but that was kinda interesting. I don't know if you ever edit stuff afterwards, but if it helps, I think one of his main motivations to return to site B was to rescue Moore's character, which also has the benefit of contributing to the sex aspect of your argument.

Also, the quote "... stop to think if they should", doesn't that sound like he himself is thinking of the moral issues in the same way as Drs Grant and Sadler?

What always stood out for me was his belief that "nature would find a way" and, thanks to some frog dna from amphibians with the ability to change sex, the dinosaurs were able to breed, proving him right. I was never quite sure on the chaos theory ideas he talked about. The reasons for the first park failing seemed like simple errors (mainly including hiring Nedry), but I guess these could be considered "small changes in initial conditions" and as the movie shows, that leads to drastic changes in the final outcome.

Meh, good stuff though and another interesting article on the site.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:46
Regular
"Catch it!"
YEAH...
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:30
Regular
"Catch it!"
Your site is so great and yes IAN MALCOLM is great. What other movie was he in before?
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=107[/URL]

The only movie nerd I can think of that knew how to dress, knew how to talk to women and beat up dinosaurs using maths and sarcasm. Can't believe I never thought of him before, he's the greatest hero of them all - the hero of nerds!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.