GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shoot the Writers 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 17:26
Regular
"not dead"
Got confirmation on the dates for Shoot the Writers, series 2.

It starts on Thursday 29th September at midnight - so is that officially Friday the 30th?

My four sketches will be in week 8, which is 17th November.

From the three/ four episodes worth of sketches I saw, the standard is vastly improved from last year's.

Of course, nearer the date of my episode I'll promote this like crazy and hope you'll all vote for me.

The irony being I've long been critical of the TV vote, but now if I was to win one it would open up huge opportunities for me.
Wed 14/09/05 at 15:48
Regular
Heh, the first series was a little light on funny bits, but I'll try to keep an eye out anyway.
Wed 14/09/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Twenty quid."
"The bananas are in!!"
Wed 14/09/05 at 07:55
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah, but having something already broadcast > not having anything broadcast when it comes to getting other stuff looked at.

It's better to be the best of a bad bunch than nothing.

And besides, this series really is much better. Not that I've seen the first episodes, but what I saw, was.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:32
Regular
You've got to be kidding Meka - well done and all that, but that show is the single worst piece of televised garbage I've ever seen.
Tue 13/09/05 at 20:10
Regular
"8==="
Oh ITV, that's why I've never heard of it.

Well, if i'm stuck for something to do I'll vote.
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:20
Regular
tnc Shoot the Writers is a sketch show which is a competition for budding writers. Meka wants his sketches to be voted for so that he wins whatever the prize is (never did pay much attention). Is as simple as that.

I've watched some of the old series and I wasn't overly impressed, will definately watch that episode however.
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:17
Regular
Quite why your show has to air at times when I can't watch it annoys me, perhaps I might catch some of the weekend late-night reruns when they come on but I'm unsure whether they will be.

Anywhom, I keep hearing your referring to this 'tv vote' but I'm not entirely sure what you mean, is it simply a vote for the best ITV shows? or is it specific nominees which we vote for?

Being fair on you though, it's a little unlikely that you will stand a chance against some of the longer running programmes with massive fambases when you're a new series with post 'prime time' showings. I suppose you could always promote the vote among friends and relatives aswell?
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:00
Regular
"\\"
It's just lots of jokes people have stolen, then sent in.

I smiled once at a sketch.

"Have you taken any messages?"

*panicked tone of voice*"What? Why? Is there any missing?"
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:18
Regular
"0228"
J-42 wrote:
> I missed th first series

Lucky boy.
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I missed th first series, but I'm guessing it's a bunch of amateur writers seeing if they've got what it takes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.